YSS Shock mod - risers

Are the shocks the correct ones for the bike weight? When we were going back and forth on some progressive shocks 440-4410 I believe the deal was they will fit on the rockets but they were made for bonnies and vrods, so you’re right probably about that bushing as ikon had to go to brass for me and the engineering of shock needs to be for an 850lb bike 1000 when loaded, maybe speedy will chime back in and explain this as I believe he is not from earth.

Ive responded to vendor stating its a stock bike. If no joy I'll send back, and revert to stock. :)

Hopefully they get them right for ya, I think when ordering shocks you just have to get with them so they can get them setup for ya. They will I hope tell you if you have the correct shock for your beast. You’ll get it dialed in no problem, minor set back is all.

I'm too skinny, the shocks are right on the limit of minimum weight.

I’m a little late to the party, but I suggest more hamburgers and fried foods :p. Maybe you can pick up a few pounds from a hearty 7-layer dip during your Super Bowl party tomorrow. :thumbsup:

In reality, I agree with @warp9.9 , you might want to add some ballast somewhere toward the rear of the bike so you can manage the spring action. Hope you get the bushings resolved with the vendor too. I am going to be mounting a set of Hagons later this winter and I noticed the bushings look weak so not sure if I am going to swap them out prior to mounting.

When I bought the bike it came with all the classic tourer stuff, so i will put the rear dressers and bag holders and bags back on (they look quite nice), Add a toolkit and travel spares, guess a few more kGs is not going to hurt (I actually shed around 12KG replacing the cat box and slashing the pipes). May also give a bit of protection.

I've learned a lot over the past few months since getting the Rocket and reading through the excellent posts on this site.
I've decided to prioritize on handling in corners and overall protection rather than top end performance, so adding a little more weight not such a big issue. I got some very cool 3 bar sidelights, just making brackets to fit them :) this should make ne more visible and cast a larger arc on the road.

Added pic of top bush, this is after maybe 50 mile of fitting (no extension) lower bush is similar

Attachments

• YSS top bush.jpg
    YSS top bush.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
My front suspension was custom I can not take any credit for them. I know traxion dynamics in Georgia des a replacement cartridge for the beast. What I want to try next is
C04TRI017 CARTRIDGE KIT MUPO LCRR TRIUMPH ROCKET III ROADSTER 97-11

Screenshot_20200129-090012_Chrome.jpg

I tried an Eu500 offer and they countered with a whopping Eu22 off current price to Eu770. ;):D
Umm, no I do not think I shall bite just yet!:whitstling:

It is admittedly already 20% off their original price.;)

So 220 from 990 is 22.2% off:)

CARTRIDGE KIT MUPO LCRR TRIUMPH ROCKET III ROADSTER 97-11
Brand: Mupo

Order it before 15:00 of tomorrow and receive it Wednesday 19 February with UPS

Shipping cost
UPS: €55.00

Express Shipping by UPS

Reference C04TRI017
€792.00€990.00 -20%
Ex-VAT
Orderable

Added pic of top bush, this is after maybe 50 mile of fitting (no extension) lower bush is similar

Looks similar to the bushings on the Progressive 412’s I recently replaced. The original bushings were rubber and I bought a pair of nylon bushings from Progressive, which were formulated for heavier loads. That being said, the rubber bushings had metal sleeves in them, which were then placed in the replacement nylon bushings to help damp the pounding against the post. Created a nice tight fit. All this to say, I wonder if you are suppose to have a brass or steel sleeve in there between the post and the bushing? I suppose @warp9.9 will have insight on that.

To close this down gracefully I'm binning the extensions
Reasoning
With my weight and resulting mean shaft angle I am concerned about wear and premature failure of the u joint
The angle may introduce vibration and/or inefficiency in output due to changing in rotation speed during the cycle

I'm going to focus on getting least angle with and without rider.
I will get ride height if needed, with tyres, but I intend moving the pegs to get the clearance I want, this also keeps the centre of gravity low.

Thanks for all your help. :)

To close this down gracefully I'm binning the extensions
Reasoning
With my weight and resulting mean shaft angle I am concerned about wear and premature failure of the u joint
The angle may introduce vibration and/or inefficiency in output due to changing in rotation speed during the cycle

I'm going to focus on getting least angle with and without rider.
I will get ride height if needed, with tyres, but I intend moving the pegs to get the clearance I want, this also keeps the centre of gravity low.

Thanks for all your help. :)
Gazi Shock
upload_2020-2-3_13-2-35.jpeg

Back