YSS Shock mod - risers

Added pic of top bush, this is after maybe 50 mile of fitting (no extension) lower bush is similar
Mate - I have "off the shelf" YSS shocks on my old Guzzi. The shocks came with a mass of bushes that are supposed to go between the Rubber and the Bikes Spigot. Did yours not have them?.

Mate - I have "off the shelf" YSS shocks on my old Guzzi. The shocks came with a mass of bushes that are supposed to go between the Rubber and the Bikes Spigot. Did yours not have them?.

no, just washers. I've got a call in with vendor

Got a response from vendor

"Hello
We have heard back from the supplier and they would like to arrange for the shocks to be collected so they can refit new bushes which are metal on the outside and the inner. They have also changed their fitting lists so that these are now how all the shocks for your model now go.
Due to this could you please give us the best day and address for the item to be collected by DPD and are you happy for us to provide that information to them. It will have to be from Monday onwards. "

Result I hope! :)

Got an update- Very Happy

Hello Chris
I have heard from YSS they have replaced the bushes and they are also replacing the springs for you free of charge. They will send the original springs back as well. They are setting them to the standard preload.
They still may need to be tweaked but when you adjust the preload you will need to adjust the rebound as well

So hopefully the shocks should be sorted when they arrive :D

Hi
When I was deciding on rear shocks I was looking at options for variable length.
Most shocks had limited options for increasing length.

The YSS offered +- 5 from stock. However I noticed on a video that the bottom unscrewed completely
I then searched on ebay for male to female extender bolts in stainless steel. I found one source and ordered some 30mm extenders at M16 x 1.0mm (very fine thread). the extenders arrived and I fitted to my YSS shocks.

When the weather picks up I'll do some low speed stress testing over some pot holes then inspect the threads. first glance they are very sturdy and would seem to be more metal on metal than the orginal if extended to max length

Also weighed the YSS shocks. around 1KG lighter than stock for the pair

If ok this should give +10 to go at (35mm over stock)

Has anyone else done similar? I saw some great posts on tyre sizes which I'm also looking at.

Thanks for looking

Extender.jpg
shocks with extender.jpg
Standard fit.jpg
Hey Chris,

I'm glad I found your post. I'm looking to do the exact same thing with my YSS shocks! It's been a while, how is yours holding up?

Can you share your source for the extensions?

Blessings!
M

Back