R-111-RTurbo, very well explained
So here’s a question our 2.3 L engine is it possible to put to a 2.6? Or 2.8 or even a 3liter?
Or will the engine start to be not reliable?
Is it possible to charge our Rocket to a six speed or would the cost be way too much?
If the new Rocket is a six speed perhaps it’s a complete different enginge ?
If it is a complete different engine with a six speed I wounder if it’s worth it just to swap engines , just a thought:)

I believe the new 2.5 L engine is a new engine. Remember I told you guys back in 2011 about the skydiver I met who's family member worked for a company that made several prototype 2.5 L blocks for Triumph.

Just got my e-receipt from the dealer... Receipt says the R3TFC will be a 2020 and mine will be Carbon Black. No other new info yet. I suspect a 2020 model will not be delivered until August or September... Just my own expectation. Of course, they could be building them all now and be ready to ship when announced May 1. Guess we will find out then.

Congrats! I'm a little jealous... I would love one, beautiful looking bike.

Well, don't be jealous. Lots of beautiful, modified, one-of-a-kind bikes in here. I just happen to not have a wife or kids and I spent a lot of time fixing and then maintaining my financial situation after a very nasty divorce. IOW, I have some money to play with, but I don't have a lot of the responsibilities other guys have... Like family.

But yeah, I'm excited.

Should be a blast to ride, 180 bhp is still modest for a 2.5 liter so carpenter guys should still have plenty of headroom to pull massive numbers from it. I still would rather see a reliable 4 speed than a 6 speed that grenades or jumps out of gear every time I give it the beans.

Back