Cool please keep me in mine,
My bike is at the metal guy doing a lot of customization on her and she is going to look mean, so like her to be even more nasty ,
Since I can’t insure the boss Hoss I want, I would like mine to give me that crazy rush or something like it:)

R-R-turbo looks like you got some interest.
What will need to be done to make the older Rocket a 2500 cc?
And how much do you think this kit will be?
And how much would cost approx to put in Rocket for labour?
And when do you think this kit will be done? Interested to see what hp and torque you get.

R-R-turbo looks like you got some interest.
What will need to be done to make the older Rocket a 2500 cc?
And how much do you think this kit will be?
And how much would cost approx to put in Rocket for labour?
And when do you think this kit will be done? Interested to see what hp and torque you get.

I was expecting all the parts in around now but there's been a delay, it'll be another 2 months before I get the parts and can stick them in the engine.
Can't say how much until the thing is complete, but it'll be a few grand anyway.

I expect to have the 2.5L engine running around late April (hope to beat Triumph with their 1st May 2.5L Rocket announcement, bastards stealing my thunder :roll:)

Then you should make your a 2600cc be one up:) just need to treet it a little.
Would you need to boar out the cylinders and drop in bigger cylinders?

I think with Carpenters Kit will make the Ducati look like a pup , he also as a lot of parts that go in the Rocket, I think the way I understand his is more high end,
For higher speeds. I wonder with all his parts what cc?
And Nev’s is just cam for more hp and torque that’s nice as well,But doesn’t change the cc
So what changes the cc?
Like guys put supper chargers in and turbos getting crazy numbers.
Does that alone in theory change the cc?
These smart guys could answer this but to me it’s so hard to understand.
I guess each way has its purpose
Want my bike to have more grunt starting it up and have nothing come close to it from 0 to 100 :)
I guess changing my Rocket to a 2500 cc with my set up should be faster then the new one?
Or because it’s going to be a lot lighter it will be faster?
I guess when warranty goes and they start taking out Cadillac converter and putting on better pipes and tune and K&N filters that’s going to be crazy fast.

I think with Carpenters Kit will make the Ducati look like a pup , he also as a lot of parts that go in the Rocket, I think the way I understand his is more high end,
For higher speeds. I wonder with all his parts what cc?
And Nev’s is just cam for more hp and torque that’s nice as well,But doesn’t change the cc
So what changes the cc?
Like guys put supper chargers in and turbos getting crazy numbers.
Does that alone in theory change the cc?
These smart guys could answer this but to me it’s so hard to understand.
I guess each way has its purpose
Want my bike to have more grunt starting it up and have nothing come close to it from 0 to 100 :)
I guess changing my Rocket to a 2500 cc with my set up should be faster then the new one?
Or because it’s going to be a lot lighter it will be faster?
I guess when warranty goes and they start taking out Cadillac converter and putting on better pipes and tune and K&N filters that’s going to be crazy fast.

Right now it looks like we'll just about get away with a 2.5L from stroking only (this has yet to be verified).
Also increasing the cylinder bore will give us even more than that... that'll probably be the "stage 2" kit.

Carpenter/Lush/TTS/random turbos out there for Rockets increase the power by getting more fuel (air) through the engine per second however they don't increase the engine's displacement (cc).

Only boring (widening the cylinders) or stroking (making the piston travel further to increase the length of the cylinder) will increase the cc's.

If you think of a 1000L drum - it's volume (or displacement in the case of an engine) is 1000L.
If you pressurise this drum with air to say 1 Bar (gauge), say by using a compressor (superchargers and turbos are compressors), then you will have 2000L of air (if it was at atmospheric pressure) in the 1000L drum.

But the drum is still 1000L volume/displacement.

The 2000L of air will take up 1000L (aka 1m3) of space when at 1 bar (gauge) pressure.

So a 2.3L engine is still a 2.3L engine, at any level of boost from a turbo/supercharger.

Back on the topic of the new Rocket 3 (notice the way they badge it Rocket 3 instead of Rocket III...), i wonder is it a 5 or 6 speed o_O
Or what they did to achieve 2.5L... is it a bigger bore or longer stroke, or both?
Is the inside of the engine in any way similar to our 2.3L.

And if it is merely a stroke job, and/or a 6 speed, wonder would the parts be backwards compatible??
i would guess not, but imagine if they were :sneaky:

Back