Thanks everyone! Ponters & Atomsplitter you guys rock.
I'll be pming atomsplitter since he's in Kansas, not austrailia.:)
I guess a bondo job on the tank might be a decent option, since tanks
have turned out to be so expensive. I haven't even found them anywhere other than ebay.

The bike came with stock exhaust, seat, suspension, and a few random other things (cats etc...) maybe I'll start putting all that on ebay to help pay for new parts. :)

I think the headlight could use a cowl of some sort also, just don't know what would fit it.
I'm going to put the touring seat back on today (my wife says it's way more comfortable) and I'll try to take some more pics to post. Thanks again for the awesome response guys.
My corvette forum guys were never this responsive and helpful! :D

Silly boy!!! Don't you know bikers are better than cagers? LOL on a serious note Ime glad your ok and don't get discouraged the bike is still rideable and she can be fixed. It's just a small thing and half of that is nothing. You'll get her up and going with a few mods and that will make her "special".

Here's a few more pics of the bike I took today:

I put the other seat back on, I'd really like to eliminate that rear luggage rack and relocate the license plate/brake light now.
The one mirror I still have is threaded too loose to stay where I lock it in, so everytime i accelerate it flops back lol. I'm not sure if I can do much with this front fender.
and i didn't have collision insurance so I will be paying everything out of pocket.

Sorry to hear of your spill. I know Australia seems a long way away but... Bundaberg Bike Wreckers (google them) had a brand new Rocket tank for $600 AUD a while back. I have stock replica fibreglass mudguards for sale . Also have a set of steel mudguards but they are kinda expensive. Rick with the trike down in South Australia had a rear guard for sale as well . The fibreglass rear mudguards iv'e got for sale , one style is shortened. Not bobbed as in Harley bobbed but would look pretty neat i reckon..... Just offering.

This type of response is exactly what makes this particular community so special. Long live the Rocket and glad to hear that you were okay and still obviously in riding spirits!

Back