HoldenComplex

.020 Over
So here's what happened...

On the second day of owning my rocket, I was coming home through the winding roads of hwy 7 near Jasper, Ar, when a sharp blind corner caught me off guard and I slid off into the ditch. Anyone of you who rides these beasts understands what that much weight flying into a ditch might do to a bike. The lower triple tree was twisted up and the handlebars were bent. I was 3 hours from my hometown of Little Rock, stranded on the hwy with a bike that was unrideable. Luckily I have some good friends who brought a truck up from lr and helped me load it up and get it home. My buddy helped me replace the triple tree and handelbars, and I installed a new headlight I found at a salvage yard. SO I have been riding her everyday for the past week or so...but cosmetically she leaves a bit to be desired. The front and rear fender were bent and the paint was all chipped and scratched, and the gas tank has 3 big dings from the handlebars swinging into it on both sides. here are a few pics:

Before the wrecK:

and after the wreck:

the windshield and sissy bars were obliterated in the wreck, but the crash bars kept the engine/radiator/sides intact with little to no scratches/damage. I put the stock seat back on after the wreck, and pulled off the mangled front fender.
Basically what I am looking for is some advice on mods that will make it look good again, and places to find cheap parts such as fenders, tanks etc. I am on a limited budget, but as I save up I will be able to buy parts bit by bit. Any and all advice welcome!

oh and the mirrors are gone now too...
The main parts I am looking for are:
fuel tank
front fender
rear fender (or preferably info on bobbed rear fenders)
side mount license plate/brake light
mirrors
and any other cool mods to suggest.
it is a 2005 triumph rocket iii and has the stock seat, aftermarket exhaust, performance shocks, and I just replaced the handlebars and lower triple tree. cheers!

Wow Mate, Good to see you are alright:eek:, But clearly the R3 has some work to be done:mad:, Good time to do some mods as you say.
Can you claim on insurance for repairs?
Will keep an eye out for parts!!!

What a bummer but good to hear you seem to have got out of it OK.

Triumph oval or tear drop mirros look pretty good or you could probabloy find someone on here with a set of Mickey Mouse ears (ie stock mirrors) they would sell or give you.

A guy on here (TOMCAT) made up a front guard from a Boulevarde guard he found in a dumpster (I think), so maybe you could find something like that. Other option would be to cut down your original one (if it's salvageable at all). Ditto the rear. Maybe try some bike wreckers and see what you can find that fits (or can be made to fit).

Single headlight looks a bit odd but gives her somewhat of a unique look. Get a cowl for it. Could look pretty sharp - altho I prefer the twins.

Unless it's wrecked, I'd put the touring seat back on.

Good luck!

oh and the mirrors are gone now too...
The main parts I am looking for are:
fuel tank
front fender
rear fender (or preferably info on bobbed rear fenders)
side mount license plate/brake light
mirrors
and any other cool mods to suggest.
it is a 2005 triumph rocket iii and has the stock seat, aftermarket exhaust, performance shocks, and I just replaced the handlebars and lower triple tree. cheers!

hi mate, glad your ok.... sorry about the bike. I've got some stock mirrors you can have for the cost of postage to you...dont know how much that is and may not be worth it depending on cost of replacement and if you like them. let me know if you want them and i'll find out postage costs.

hi mate, glad your ok.... sorry about the bike. I've got some stock mirrors you can have for the cost of postage to you...dont know how much that is and may not be worth it depending on cost of replacement and if you like them. let me know if you want them and i'll find out postage costs.

Yep!!!! Onya Ponters

Glad you are okay the bike can be fixed and we will all be on the look out for the parts that you need, the stats speak for themself, the most common cause of bike accidents with no one else involved is in corners/curves:eek: we try to hammer this fact home to the students when we teach the motorcycle classes so for all of us heading up to Maggie Valley next week be carefull.

Back