would you buy a rocket if...

Guess that answers my question kind of. It would seem Triumph did do the smart thing by not putting any R&D money into the rocket since 2004.

Guess that answers my question kind of. It would seem Triumph did do the smart thing by not putting any R&D money into the rocket since 2004.
Everyone has different tastes! Personally I am a gadget freak and I love utilizing all the latest technologies. I would love if the Rocket had all the same tech that other brands enjoy

I love my rocket and her brutish silliness. A sixth gear would be nice, as would be a cruise control, and 170hp. Electronic throttle and the other engine management gizmos, no thanks!! I just don't see the point.

Hey Dito Art, it was tongue in cheek I should have put a smiley in there, I know we could never agree on Those rubber things we put on our wheels
WELL i dont like riding the BMWs MVs that have all the gagetry and the guys I know that own them have them in the shop all the time with problems
My buddy has had his BMW to the shop 11 times and now its been there for the past 2 months with eletrical gremlins

As for the question. I don't want another gear, with the amount of torque the Rocket has 4 would do. Traction control, maybe if you could turn it off. Hard to do a tyre frying power slide out of a 1st gear roundabout with traction control. Cruise control, I don't see the need for it. Fly by wire, yes either way don't worry me. Pipes and inlet, you can do that yourself cheaper than it would be if Triumph were allowed to do it. I'm pretty sure my Inlet wouldn't pass an induction noise check anywhere. What they could improve would be better suspension front and back and try to whittle a few kilo's off the thing.

I don't know about all these gadgets but it's time they released a new generation of rocket not just the same thing with different paint and gadgets . I'm talking new frame engine look everything. I love my rocket and will never part with it but I'd buy another if it was different

Back