would you buy a rocket if...

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Just curious if you would still buy a rocket. If triumph added a 6th gear, fully electronic throttle, electronic cruise control, 3 power settings,traction control, and more customized appearance options eg various colors, exhaust, rims, and bar options. Then they included a proper exhaust with proper headers that put the bike and 160 horsepower and 170 foot pound area.

Would you pay four or five thousand dollars more then the current MSRP?

As long as the 6th gear was about 20-25% higher than the current 5th gear.

No...I would rather do it myself. Part of the attraction of the rocket for me is that I get to do all the upgrades so there isn't another one like it on the planet...and the horsepower :D

My thoughts on your points....

1)I don't really see the need for a 6th gear for the type of riding that I do. I don't find that the engine is revving too high in 5th gear for the highway speeds that I travel at. Perhaps others that ride faster will see benefit from this but for me the limiting factor is the wind.....any faster than 140 km is not pleasant for me.

2)I don't have an issue with the cable throttle.....not sure what would be gained by going to an throttle by wire setup.

3)Cruise Control....Yes I would like this. I have had it on other bikes and found it very nice for reducing fatigue on long trips. Being able to take your right hand off the bars and readjust is great.

4) Power settings.....I would just leave it in the high power setting all the time (and I bet most other riders would too). I know that some like a wet weather setting but I control the power by how much throttle I apply. Given the Rocket has a very smooth power delivery with no real spike I don't see the need.

5)Traction Control....I have spun the rear tire when pulling too hard out of a slow speed corner but it has not been anything uncontrollable.

6)Customized appearance options eg various colors, exhaust, rims, and bar options. Given that the Rocket is a low volume bike this would add a lot to the cost plus limit a buyers ability to find the bike they want....Now with only two colors on the Roadster you pretty much can find your flavor of black fairly easily. Save the extra $$ and let owners get their bike's tin custom painted if they want another color.

7) Proper exhaust with proper headers that put the bike and 160 horsepower and 170 foot pound area. YES!! The Rocket motor is very under stressed from the factory. No reason it could not be a 200 hp engine from the factory.

Just my thoughts

the only way for traction control to work would be for the computer to limit power i would not like that!
electronic throttles like toyota that caused crashes? i was in a dodge pick at a stop sign when the engine went wot a real pucker moment. i would not get on a rocket with an electronic throttle!
a cruise would be nice. an option for 160-200 hp would be nice.

Just curious if you would still buy a rocket. If triumph added a 6th gear, fully electronic throttle, electronic cruise control, 3 power settings,traction control, and more customized appearance options eg various colors, exhaust, rims, and bar options. Then they included a proper exhaust with proper headers that put the bike and 160 horsepower and 170 foot pound area.

Would you pay four or five thousand dollars more then the current MSRP?
I'm not a wrench, so............ Hell ya!!!! I'd buyone!

Back