would you buy a rocket if...

PS the point of a full electric throttle, like ALL modern sport bikes designed in the last year have, is cruise control and adaptive throttle response based on power settings. It also makes traction control better.

TC btw is more than straight line traction, think about leant over rolling into throttle and there a spot that is slick that wasn't yesterday or tires art warmed yet etc.

Not saying thesee are necessary, we all ride without them now and have for a long time. I was just wondering if people would pay what it costs to make a R3 an actual modern bike instead of a legacy 2004 model.

PS the point of a full electric throttle, like ALL modern sport bikes designed in the last year have, is cruise control and adaptive throttle response based on power settings. It also makes traction control better.

TC btw is more than straight line traction, think about leant over rolling into throttle and there a spot that is slick that wasn't yesterday or tires art warmed yet etc.

Not saying thesee are necessary, we all ride without them now and have for a long time. I was just wondering if people would pay what it costs to make a R3 an actual modern bike instead of a legacy 2004 model.
WELL i dont like riding the BMWs MVs that have all the gagetry and the guys I know that own them have them in the shop all the time with problems

WELL i dont like riding the BMWs MVs that have all the gagetry and the guys I know that own them have them in the shop all the time with problems
One of the main reasons that BMW is rated the second most unreliable motorcycle! Right behind you know who!!!

To my mind, the Rocket has already been sadly abandoned by Triumph. It's at least partially because of the overregulation in Europe.
The engine is hard-pressed to comply with the newest environmental rules, it just fails to sh1t daisies out of it's muffler. So it will share the fate of the V2K at some point. :(

In a better world - yes I would pay what it costs to have a modern, 175mph stock Rocket. :cool:

Absolutely! If Polaris can toss a 175ish hp inline 4 into their Slingshot, Triumph can do it as well (hp increase, not necessarily an inline 4). Not sure about the throttle by wire. I test rode an Indian Chieftain this past July and I found the tbw to be a tad bit slow (just like the bike). 6th gear would be cool.

I'd rather pay the current MSRP. Hell, I'd rather pay $4000 or $5000 less like I did for a non current model.

I also prefer it simple and naked like it is!

Back