would you buy a rocket if...

the only way for traction control to work would be for the computer to limit power i would not like that!
electronic throttles like toyota that caused crashes? i was in a dodge pick at a stop sign when the engine went wot a real pucker moment. i would not get on a rocket with an electronic throttle!
a cruise would be nice. an option for 160-200 hp would be nice.
I took the 200 + hp option :D

[QUOI E="Claviger, post: 288870, member: 5345"]Just curious if you would still buy a rocket. If triumph added a 6th gear, fully electronic throttle, electronic cruise control, 3 power settings,traction control, and more customized appearance options eg various colors, exhaust, rims, and bar options. Then they included a proper exhaust with proper headers that put the bike and 160 horsepower and 170 foot pound area.

Would you pay four or five thousand dollars more then the current MSRP?[/QUOTE]

As I have never done anything but service my bike if i was going to purchase another r3 which I am not .I think what you have written would be fine:thumbsup: i could change my mind on buying a new bike if things work out about a 1% chance

Peter, a fair few of us would buy it for you mate.

I'd buy another Rocket if it had a taller top gear - not for more speed but for lower revs at cruising speed - and foot pegs it could move to where I wanted them. Less weight would be great as would more options for a rear tyre. As for all the other stuff, no I wouldn't be prepared to add several thousand $ to the purchase price to get them. One of the most rewarding things has been to think about upgrades and to work out how to get them ....over time. It wouldn't matter what exhaust or intake was stock, plenty of us would "need" to change it anyway. Same with seats, lights etc. I also disagree with all the blacked out bits. Gotta have something to do yourself. After all, the term 'factory custom' is an oxymoron.

Just curious if you would still buy a rocket. If triumph added a 6th gear, fully electronic throttle, electronic cruise control, 3 power settings,traction control, and more customized appearance options eg various colors, exhaust, rims, and bar options. Then they included a proper exhaust with proper headers that put the bike and 160 horsepower and 170 foot pound area.

Would you pay four or five thousand dollars more then the current MSRP?

A few months after I bought my bike Triumph sent me a survey via email. I stated very clearly in the survey that I would have happily paid $3000 to 5000 more for my R3T if it would at least come with a fairing with a sound system and instruments(including tach) and cruise control.I love my bike but it is missing the comfort goodies needed to make it a true cross country touring bike
Just my thoughts
Ridfree

By the way that having been said, triumph is working with motortrike for a factory fairing(with sound system and hopefully instruments) and trunk for the Thunder bird and rocket 3 touring bikes. They are scheduled to hit the dealerships in May. Motortrike is already working with Triumph and have produced a R3T trike that is already on dealerships floors with full factory warranty.

Just curious if you would still buy a rocket. If triumph added a 6th gear, fully electronic throttle, electronic cruise control, 3 power settings,traction control, and more customized appearance options eg various colors, exhaust, rims, and bar options. Then they included a proper exhaust with proper headers that put the bike and 160 horsepower and 170 foot pound area.

Would you pay four or five thousand dollars more then the current MSRP?
already did without all that stuff as the 4/5 k more highly doubt it

Back