After riding the Rocket X for about eight months now, I have nothing to prove to anyone. At first I would not let a Harley pass me on the highway no matter what. Now I just let them go and smile. Even the rednecks in the hot rod pick ups do not bother me anymore. I just kind of have chilled out. Around 70 mph the Rocket just seems to roll along rather comfortable. There are times when I just open the throttle and go for my own satisfaction. Why bother?

I was the same. I'd only race them if it looked like I wasn't trying. See other post - mid rev range roll ons the best. Nothing to prove and I didn't want to risk giving anyone the pleasure.

@sonny & @EasTexRIII
I envy youse guys with intelligent control over your riding.
Sadly, I'm afraid my motor (NOT cage) has always been and extension of my ego.
Although less, even yet at 70 years!

I also subscribe to the sickness of @scot in exile & @TO rocket!!!
If greasing other motors out on the roadways is your thing - GOTTA GET TO STURGIS!!!

@sonny & @EasTexRIII
I envy youse guys with intelligent control over your riding.
Sadly, I'm afraid my motor (NOT cage) has always been and extension of my ego.
Although less, even yet at 70 years!

I also subscribe to the sickness of @scot in exile & @TO rocket!!!
If greasing other motors out on the roadways is your thing - GOTTA GET TO STURGIS!!!

Ive had recontructive surgery on both knees from racing motors, both rotator cuffs, neck fusion, and my testicles tubes tied........ wait, the tubes were from riding other "things" :eek:

I still love pissin them off, I find so many HD riders will NOT talk to me or when ridin will NOT wave...:( Is it because they wont one???? Or haven't got big enough balls to ride one?:rolleyes::thumbsup:

I still love pissin them off, I find so many HD riders will NOT talk to me or when ridin will NOT wave...:( Is it because they wont one???? Or haven't got big enough balls to ride one?:rolleyes::thumbsup:

I went for a ride with some HD riders last week, who I'm close enough with that they were honest with me. They swapped bikes for a while, as one had a new bike, and they were interested in what the differences were, then one of them offered me a ride on his bike.
I said, "I wouldn't mind seeing what your bikes are like, but I don't understand how easily you'll let someone else ride your bikes. I never let anyone else ride my bike."
They both looked at my bike, and said almost in unison, "I don't want to ride your bike, I'm too scared I'd drop it"

Back