What roadster chrome parts are black on a Rocket-X ?

@kenne ...thanks for the pics! Did you powder coat, paint or plastic-dip?
I used plasti dip on some of the parts on my roadster ( FRONT AND BACK turn signal covers,headlight buckets, rear brake reservoir cover ,rectangular mirrors etc etc ) but one of the side effect of plasti-dip is it retain dust and is a bit of a pain to clean I did my hard bags with PD but they look like they have been in a sand storm after a ride . so I will peel the stuff off ( another pain in the neck) and apply that new black stove pipe paint i used for the wheels.

I used plasti dip on some of the parts on my roadster ( FRONT AND BACK turn signal covers,headlight buckets, rear brake reservoir cover ,rectangular mirrors etc etc ) but one of the side effect of plasti-dip is it retain dust and is a bit of a pain to clean I did my hard bags with PD but they look like they have been in a sand storm after a ride . so I will peel the stuff off ( another pain in the neck) and apply that new black stove pipe paint i used for the wheels.

Thanks for that Patrick.:thumbsup: Note to self, paint or powdercoat only.

I see the word clean, what does that mean?

If so insistent on all-black, remove bolts & nuts then anodize black.

but one of the side effect of plasti-dip is it retain dust and is a bit of a pain to clean
If you want it permanent - you need the primer and Hard Coat Finish. Spray it on where there is no dust. There are also folk doing (now) Vinyl sprays. Designed to skin cars. Never used it so can't really say more than that - but some of the marketing photos are stunning.

Plan on replacing with aftermarket Indicators soon:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It would be interesting to know what you go with. I haven't set out on a mission to replace mine with black indicators but have seen various methods.

Right now mine are plasti dipped. Has been that way at least 3yrs now. Holds up pretty good.

Back