What roadster chrome parts are black on a Rocket-X ?

Old N' Grumpy

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Triumph R3R & 2005 Harley FatBoy
As some of you may know I am the anti-chrome. Therefore I want to replace whatever chromes left on my roadster with black if possible. What parts other than the bars and exhaust on the X are black that would normally be chrome?

IMG_0351.JPG IMG_0340.JPG Take a look:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I agree Randy, when I first got my Bike it had way to much bling on it.
Over time I've gone through and Blacked out various parts.
The Bear Claw. Fork cover/guards. Passenger footrest frame covers. Ring around the Fuel Cap. Rear Guard covers.
Radiator covers. The Triumph Emblem on the front guard. Tail light surround. Exhaust Pipes. Horn cover. Gear lever and rod on the Engine. Oil filter cover. Roadster Footrests and bars, these come Black.
I even found a painted Black rear Caliper mounting bracket, I'm not sure if this is a Factory item or if some one painted it themselves.

IMG_20140624_120603.jpg

IMG_20150307_152058.jpg

IMG_1210A.jpg

!cid_4E5574C702D54F53A59475588FFA0063@PaulPC.jpg

There's still more I want to do, it's a work in progress.

Exactly...its all a work in progress. Love the black tail light surround. If not for you I might have over looked that. Did you plastic-dip it? They make the gear selector lever and the brake lever in black and the chrome piece under the manifold in black for the X. In your last picture I'm going to take the liberty of recommending an all black Viking exhaust!:D Just kidding...that picture I'm guessing was right before you started the blackout. Thanks for some great idea's Paul.:thumbsup:

Exactly...its all a work in progress. Love the black tail light surround. If not for you I might have over looked that. Did you plastic-dip it? They make the gear selector lever and the brake lever in black and the chrome piece under the manifold in black for the X. In your last picture I'm going to take the liberty of recommending an all black Viking exhaust!:D Just kidding...that picture I'm guessing was right before you started the blackout. Thanks for some great idea's Paul.:thumbsup:

:)

The tail light has the Lens glued to the base so couldn't pull that apart to get it black chromed so I ruffed up the chrome with some sand paper and hit it with a spray can :eek: It's been like that for about two years now :thumbsup:

And yes, that last photo was as the bike was when I first bought it, far to shinny for me :eek:
Me ? A nice header on my own bike ? Yea' right ....... in my spare time :D
(actually I do have one of my headers on my bike, but it's a bit of a roughy !)
Note small photo so ya can't see detail :laugh:

IMG_1131B2.jpg

Back