turbotom1052

.040 Over
Ride
HD M8 Softail
Im in the process of trying to locate the correct unrestricted Penner map. thats being offered free of charge as mentioned on this forum. Ive got a 2022 Rocket GT but its vin number does NOT seem to correspond to any of the VIN range as listed on the Tune ECU map database. Could someone either identify for me the correct map, or tell me what digits of my bikes VIN number is used in choosing a map?

Im in the process of trying to locate the correct unrestricted Penner map. thats being offered free of charge as mentioned on this forum. Ive got a 2022 Rocket GT but its vin number does NOT seem to correspond to any of the VIN range as listed on the Tune ECU map database. Could someone either identify for me the correct map, or tell me what digits of my bikes VIN number is used in choosing a map?
The custom tunes for GT, R and TFC are group by USA/Canada (and associated markets) and RoW at Triumph Custom Maps

For the GT, if your VIN number is larger than a number ending in AV5456 I don't think your bike is any different, but you might want to DM @Penner and ask?

I can´t help with that.
But usually the map that is made for your region should work.
Maybe Alain or Tomtom will know for sure. You can ask them in the FB-group.

Thanks for all who helped. Penner.... If I want to unrestrict the top speed limiter as we have previously discussed in private message I was told that Alain could do that for me. Would he be unrestricting YOUR market specific map, and would I need to specify the exact map I want unrestricted for top speed? What sorta top speed have you seen on the dyno, and on the road? Im guessing that aerodynamics will severely limit what's seen on the road as opposed to what youve seen on your rollers??? Will your map with unrestricted top speed pull redline in 6th gear?

Last edited:
Thanks for all who helped. Penner.... If I want to unrestrict the top speed limiter as we have previously discussed in private message I was told that Alain could do that for me. Would he be unrestricting YOUR market specific map, and would I need to specify the exact map I want unrestricted for top speed? What sorta top speed have you seen on the dyno, and on the road? Im guessing that aerodynamics will severely limit what's seen on the road as opposed to what youve seen on your rollers??? Will your map with unrestricted top speed pull redline in 6th gear?
Sorry, I am not sure how this top speed derestricton procedure works. In fact I have no idea. Alain is hard to reach. Maybe Tomtom from the Tune ECU FB page can help you. He is an even older fart than me and has time.

Sorry, I am not sure how this top speed derestricton procedure works. In fact I have no idea. Alain is hard to reach. Maybe Tomtom from the Tune ECU FB page can help you. He is an even older fart than me and has time.
As I understand it, Alain provides a stock map with the derestriction, and then you have to copy Penner's map changes into the Alain map and apply it. Read it on one of the threads here from memory. Just did a quick compare between stock and Penner maps, looks like F1-F3, ETV2-ETV3 and AFR tables have changes in them...

Penner after tying unsuccessfully to instal your Triumph GT unrestricted tune Ive come to realize that it's not appropriate for my bike as evidenced by the incompatible error message I get when I try to load it. It was brought to my attention that based on my Vin number I was trying to load the wrong map, and that there was not one available from you for my bike. Have you any plans to release a map for a 2022 model year Rocket3 GT in the United States any time soon? The last 9 characters of my VIN are...NTAY9681x

Thats what I was worried about, since mine is a 2023, would it accept the map since my vin was not out when the maps were made.

The instructions are on Tuneecu.fr.

It isn’t clear if this process will work if you open Penner’s map from your device and raise the limit on that. Try it. If you go into parameters and see OPT next to the speed limit box in Penner’s tune, you should be able to do it

2EB7DDD4-941A-42CB-8D73-B3278A618688.png

Back