What Is The Best TuneEcu tune for 2013 Roadster with TORs ??

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
My friend Mike is bringing his new 2013 Roadster over for me to ride for a few hundred miles and play with some of the engine tune parameters. I'll adjust a few simple things like top speed and engine fan on temp. But we were wondering if the factory Roadster TORs tune that the dealer installed with the TORs pipes was adequate. Does one of our members have something better I can load into the bike with TuneECU ?

Mike plans to take the bike to the drag strip on Sunday to see what he can do with the beast. He is an avid racer and has several drag bikes and modified sports cars for track racing. He knows his stuff when it comes to racing. He asked me if I can adjust out some of the wheeling it does in 1st and 2nd gear. He says the Roadster come up pretty easily for him. I suppose I could ADD in some secondary closure in the lower RPM range.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Bill.

I got mine from HansO.
I also have the trip K&Ns, a PCV and Auto Tune.
Has worked excellent for me ever since!

Restricting power by closing the secondaries seems an odd request for a dragster. Carpenter has run sub 9's with their 240 hp R3. A better solution is to learn how to launch it.

I would use the stock TOR tune with the secondaries open 100% everywhere. However, the link shows that Power Tripp says it's crap and has made a custom tune. You're not going to get a better custom tune unless he does it on your bike. If you're going to do anything, use Tripp's tune and compare it to the stock unrestricted tune.

Bill. Embarrassing as it is, I'll admit I haven't installed it yet.
After speaking with the dealer, I decided to wait rather than jeopardise my warranty. I'll be installing it later this summer.

Thanks for your candor R3R Torque.

I am hooked up with TuneECU. Reads tune 20355. Changed the fan on temp, idle and max speed. Went through all the steps for 12 minute tune and also reset adaptive. Not getting a green light TPS. What Now ?? Any Help appreciated.

More Info: Can't get a green TPS light. Tried the ISCV reset button. First try got .59V and was told to adjust nut to .60V then click again. What nut where ? Clicked again and got .69V and was told to adjust nut to .72V and click again. What nut where ? Clicked again and the program finished. What is this all about and could it be the reason I can't get a green TPS light ?

Last edited:
Back