What helmet do you use on your Rocket?

I had a 1storm from ebay last November i hit a deere was going about 40mph when made impact. Broke collar bone and a pretty good case of road rash. My glasses was shoved up to my forehead leaving a small scratch.
While at the er getting patched up they kept
Asking if i hit my head. To witch i kept saying no. My girlfriend took me to hospital and had to wait out in car with her daughter because of covid. After they kept insisting that i hit my head i called my gf ask her to inspect the helmet. Sure enough i had at some point skidded on my face. I'm really glad i made the decision to go full face
I saw a photo once that i wish i could unsee of a guy in the er who was in a mc accident. He was conscious and looking at the camera, and had no jaw. Preventing that injury is one of the best reasons to wear full face.
Thats my choice. I respect the right of everyone to make their own.
There was a group that would go for sunday rides in my area. They posted that the only requirment is you have a helmet, gloves and proper footwear. Who are they to impose rules on anyone. They can go "F" themselves. I declined to join a firefighter mc club (the dragonslayers) because tgere were too many rules AND you had to pay dues.

I saw a photo once that i wish i could unsee of a guy in the er who was in a mc accident. He was conscious and looking at the camera, and had no jaw. Preventing that injury is one of the best reasons to wear full face.
Thats my choice. I respect the right of everyone to make their own.
There was a group that would go for sunday rides in my area. They posted that the only requirment is you have a helmet, gloves and proper footwear. Who are they to impose rules on anyone. They can go "F" themselves. I declined to join a firefighter mc club (the dragonslayers) because tgere were too many rules AND you had to pay dues.
Idk how likely it is to loose your jaw in a mc accident. I read an article several years ago about a guy who was hit in the jaw by a rock that was kicked up by a car causing severe damage to his jaw. Ever since then i have used a full face helmet

The trouble is that a lot of people are of the mind set that these things always happen to someone else. Unfortunately we are all someone else and it can happen to any of us at any time and more often than not it’s not are fault but that is no consolation to the loved ones that are left behind or suddenly find themselves living with a cabbage. We all have a right to make our own choices but please just make it the right one. Fried brains on the road is not a nice sight.
I just can’t understand people that spend £££££ on their rides and then just pence on a cheap lid

IMG_5084.JPG
GT Air for me. Sticker $ shock but much better than my cheap Bell.

Not everyone can cut loose a grand. If not affording the best means i have to park it, im getting the best i can afford. Its my belief that helmets best protect against your head or face sliding on the pavement. If you hit something headon with your head, it may save you skull but not your neck. The weakest point. Im throwing my "former firefighter card".
Maybe now our new administration can regulate us wearing neck braces. Oops. I went political.
Sorry im drinking some high octane coffee.

Lol...I think some folks need a chill pill...

I have a couple , Scorpion carbon is very light and comfortable and Bell open faced comes in 3 shell sizes and don't make your head look like a Mellon .

Attachments

• scorpion-exo-1400-air-torque-red-motorcycle-helmet-side-view.jpg
    scorpion-exo-1400-air-torque-red-motorcycle-helmet-side-view.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 14
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 13
Back