What don't you like about your triumph wind shield

The Triumph shield was already fitted to my 2010 Roadster when I bought it, and I rode it to Perth and back like that. When summer came I removed it and left it off all season then reinstalled it come autumn. It lasted about a week and I literally pulled it off halfway through a ride to Sydney and put it in the sidecar boot.
It was never re-installed.
I couldn't stand the buffeting.
I'm 5'10".
To be honest I don't think windshields or fairings actually provide much in the way or real weather protection unless you can miraculously appear on the road at about 80kph upwards so the draught works.
I like the wind on my face anyway. :) :sneaky:
032.JPG

I have no problem with the assertion that the triumph windshield on a roadster is a waste of money. I purchased one from another member, put it on. Buffeting was so bad after 10 miles, I went home removed it and it has been shelved since.
Same here, but instead of removing, I bought a Clearview from a forum member. I believe if you had lowers, or cut a vent into the Triumph screen, it would perform better. Some here have vented theirs with good results.

The stock touring windshield is built for midget brits. I'm 6'3" so I might be a bit more biased than others. I'm currently considering a taller windshield, but I've spent my discretionary budget on other stuff so it'll have to wait :)

Search the forums for previous discussions of windshields, you'll find some other good options and opinions.

You can drill extra holes and raise the OEM shield an inch or so.
I have used Clearview several times. Good shield, but 7Jurock is as good and a much better value.

I installed a secdem /bullster roadster shield for spring and fall modified the mounting so I can use same brackets for sport screen I am 5/11 and the bullster is just about right and deflect the air over my head

The stock touring windshield is built for midget brits. I'm 6'3" so I might be a bit more biased than others. I'm currently considering a taller windshield, but I've spent my discretionary budget on other stuff so it'll have to wait :)

Search the forums for previous discussions of windshields, you'll find some other good options and opinions.
:roll: This Brit is 6ft 3" and 280..you need to pull your bars back and tuck yourself in:D

A windshield on a Roadster:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::evil:
have you ever seen a bullster windshield? they are unlike any barn door style .. very streamlined and available in various tint ..mine is angled at 65 degres from an horizontal plane and came i the dark smoke tint.

The major issue with Triumph screens is the price. They are made in the USA and have a monstrous markup. Other screens bought directly from the mfr are 1/2 the price.

I have had no weaving issues running well above legal for hours on end.
Mine sits higher than most - I made new side plates to lift the screen up and forward a bit as I run with a Black flyscreen behind it to shade the instruments.
I look over the top and have NO head buffeting at all at 4000rpms plus in top.

Fit or make lowers - this makes a big difference to the buffeting issue.

have you ever seen a bullster windshield? they are unlike any barn door style .. very streamlined and available in various tint ..mine is angled at 65 degres from an horizontal plane and came i the dark smoke tint.
****ty mounts though - iirc the French R3 guys complained teh transmit a lot of vibes into the bars.

Back