What did you do to your Rocket today?

RocketEd

Supercharged
Ride
'10 Roadie
Turned over 40K miles on my 2010 Roadie bought 5/24/10. Not a lot of miles, but in my defense I have 4 other bikes and for a while there my '09 DR650 was my go to travel bike.
Starter relay went at 1K miles because, as it turns out, mine was a very early Roadster that didn't have the updated subharness. I had a shift seal replaced and a couple minor cosmetic things done under warranty. Incorrect assembly by the shop meant my front ABS wire got chewed through at ~15K miles. My valve cover gasket needed replacing after I checked valve clearances at 19K miles (all fine). I replaced a few ECM and fuel pump relays over the years, but the problem actually turned out to be a bad main fuse holder I replaced for $4 from O'Reilly's. Only took me a few years to figure that out. Duh.
So, out of pocket for a valve cover gasket that may have been my fault and $4 for a fuse holder in 40K miles. Not too bad.
Wanted to add too, this oil change will be the first I've paid for because the shop I bought it from gave free oil changes for life right up until they closed.

Last edited:

Starmanut

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket III Touring
Replaced my battery with a Yuasa YUAM620BH YTX20HL-BS. Was pretty straight forward. Added the electrolyte. Let it sit for 4 hours, then put on the smart charger for a day.
Tried to change the ECU speedo setting to -5.5% while I had the seat off. First time using Android, but I guess I didn't do it right because saw no difference when I took her out. I had to get the right adapter for my Galaxy Tab to connect to the USB, and it connected right quick. I did not want to mess around in there till I get used to the Android version of TuneECU. I have always used my laptop / Win 10 and there's more stuff in the Android version, it seems.

Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
Replaced my battery with a Yuasa YUAM620BH YTX20HL-BS. Was pretty straight forward. Added the electrolyte. Let it sit for 4 hours, then put on the smart charger for a day.
Tried to change the ECU speedo setting to -5.5% while I had the seat off. First time using Android, but I guess I didn't do it right because saw no difference when I took her out. I had to get the right adapter for my Galaxy Tab to connect to the USB, and it connected right quick. I did not want to mess around in there till I get used to the Android version of TuneECU. I have always used my laptop / Win 10 and there's more stuff in the Android version, it seems.
After you made the change for speedo did you save it, read it and do the iscv reset. I end up having to do all that when making changes with tuner. Maybe someone will chime in with exact steps but that works for me on changes to map.

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster
Replaced my throttle cables with Barnett cables, a very nice improvement, much easier to control throttle especially on de-cell. My stockers were only ok when lubed which didn't seem to last long. about $100 and a little over an hour to install.

CCjon

All who wander... seeking fresh cup of coffee
Ride
2011 R3 sidecamper, GSA/EZS rig
Replaced my throttle cables with Barnett cables, a very nice improvement, much easier to control throttle especially on de-cell. My stockers were only ok when lubed which didn't seem to last long. about $100 and a little over an hour to install.
Where did you buy them? Do you have a part # and cost?
Appreciate the info.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Was thinking to do the same. After reading your post no longer thinking ordered. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ishrub

Retired and loving it!
Ride
R3 Roadster,Sprint ST 1050 ABS, BMW R100RS sidecar

bruce aussie

WOODENBONG
Ride
Roadster
Fitted a new fuel filter while I wait for my new tank to arrive
B17E9CA5-AF06-4202-8126-CEF0D8386B7A.jpeg