What did you do to your Rocket today?

Went for a ride to the Nowhere Grill

IMG_20201213_141551~2.jpg
IMG_20201213_155428_01.jpg
Them pipes are made for racing, no sleeper there.

Be careful with that Metz. It can slip very easily on painted lines. Particularly when wet. They tend to cup and wear out under 5,000 miles. I hope yours does better.

Avon Cobra is the tire for good wear and much better handling.

I just put Cobra Chromes on Fiona this past weekend and the ride home felt GREAT! She was beggin' for twisties... but that will have to wait for when Miami is in my rear view mirror. I'm looking forward to a spirited ride to work in the morning... :sneaky:
-MIG

Not today, but in the last week or so:
Put the new Road 5 on the front I've had since Oct.
Finally installed the Progressive fork springs and 7W Belray oil I've had since June (I think?)
Installed a Bullet Brake the kids got me for Christmas
Added an SAE socket w/ waterproof cover on the right side infill panel
Added a Bluetooth battery health monitor (I got for Christmas too).

And then promptly blew one of my water pump hoses so... I had to order some Samco hoses, clamp kit, and an overflow tank I'm gonna see how to mount by my crash bars.

The belly pan needs some modifying to fit around the crash bars later....

Not today, but in the last week or so:
Put the new Road 5 on the front I've had since Oct.
Finally installed the Progressive fork springs and 7W Belray oil I've had since June (I think?)
Installed a Bullet Brake the kids got me for Christmas
Added an SAE socket w/ waterproof cover on the right side infill panel
Added a Bluetooth battery health monitor (I got for Christmas too).

And then promptly blew one of my water pump hoses so... I had to order some Samco hoses, clamp kit, and an overflow tank I'm gonna see how to mount by my crash bars.

The belly pan needs some modifying to fit around the crash bars later....
I used these brackets to mount an overflow tank to OEM bars. $27

Attachments

• 850A08A4-2AE7-4888-AD55-5762DF84868B.png
    850A08A4-2AE7-4888-AD55-5762DF84868B.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 7
Be careful with that Metz. It can slip very easily on painted lines. Particularly when wet. They tend to cup and wear out under 5,000 miles. I hope yours does better.

Avon Cobra is the tire for good wear and much better handling.
I guess its just me or the way I ride. I dont notice a big difference in handling between tires so long life is what matters. I usually go around corners fairly conservatively and hammer it on the straights. Too much sand and variables to act like its a track out there. Less than 5k on a front would not make me happy.

I have the bike up to the elevator to do a few repair and maintenance work
29-A65-D7-D-E9-F8-4-D96-80-D2-9-FBAB7-E930-C9.jpg

I have a lot of things dismantled
AA2-A88-CE-6-A02-4978-964-B-505-C2-F174-C0-C.jpg

2-EAD4864-6265-442-B-AA63-398864-B4-DE79.jpg

I'm going to install the T-Bar handlebar, change the gasket of the cam cover, new gasoline filter, the exhaust manifold beautifiers, spark plugs and more things

7890-D926-6811-49-C1-A842-74-F5-A7-C84413.jpg

When I disassembled I found the accelerator closing cable broken, it's already ordered in Triumph
725-CDE47-9-ED5-4-BEF-8-C7-B-CBDF9-B29-EFBF.jpg

The bike was running in two cylinders, probably because of the spark plugs that I already bought new ones to change them

Back