What did you do to your Rocket today?

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster
Gave the TwoTone a bath after Sunday downpour ride. A good dose of S100 camel brushes, showered rinse and rags. Finished with F-11. Taking her out tomorrow morning.

She's fat, noisy and old but still gets jaw drops and compliments.

Just an FYI that The Last Coat just came out with Black Ice - an easy to apply ceramic coating.
After a 7 day cure, you apply the regular TLC (which kicks butt over F11).
If that's not enough you can apply their AMP glossifier and then even put a coat of real carnauba wax for a deeper shine.

I just applied Black Ice on my old bike and will add TLC in a few days but it already looks awesome. It will last 6 months or more if you reapply the top coats periodically.

Last edited:

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
Ports Potty ?????
Yepper, a porta-potty.
Sadly, i have ****canned the ****ter as it was too bulky and heavy for my rig.

Too bad as i put a lot of effort into customizing it and used up all my decals...
243B2B75-A882-4903-ABEF-881EF6348A7E.jpeg

1K9

Big Cruisers 4 Me
Ride
2007 Rocket III
Just an FYI that The Last Coat just came out with Black Ice - an easy to apply ceramic coating.
After a 7 day cure, you apply the regular TLC (which kicks butt over F11).
If that's not enough you can apply their AMP glossifier and then even put a coat of real carnauba wax for a deeper shine.

I just applied Black Ice on my old bike and will add TLC in a few days but it already looks awesome. It will last 6 months or more if you reapply the top coats periodically.

I have not tried that product. Gota check it out. Thank you. You are redefining Iron Butt bro.

Ishrub

Retired and loving it!
Ride
R3 Roadster,Sprint ST 1050 ABS, BMW R100RS sidecar
Yepper, a porta-potty.
Sadly, i have ****canned the ****ter as it was too bulky and heavy for my rig.

Too bad as i put a lot of effort into customizing it and used up all my decals...
View attachment 97114
.... and don't forget that gold vinyl top wrap...every crease, crevice, 'foldover' and 'fallshort'. ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:

You need the modern campers version, or make you own. Just get the cheapest plastic toilet seat from Walmart for $5 or so and a:

or buy ready made. Only weighs a pound or two max and you can just use garbage bags insted of the pot.

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
.... and don't forget that gold vinyl top wrap...every crease, crevice, 'foldover' and 'fallshort'. ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:

You need the modern campers version, or make you own. Just get the cheapest plastic toilet seat from Walmart for $5 or so and a:

or buy ready made. Only weighs a pound or two max and you can just use garbage bags insted of the pot.

Ha Ha, yes I rushed the wrap job and didn't have my heat gun.
That chrome vinyl is hard to use on compound curves. I purposely didn't post closeups of my feeble first attempts on Black Mamba.
It is for more experienced wrappers.

My buddy gave me his old foldup WDS (waste disposal system) - I swapped 21lb medium-tech biodegradable crapper for a low-tech 1lb unit.
TMI but it is broken in. LOL

micromike1

.040 Over
Ride
triumph rocket 111 supercharged
Hi all
Junked the Innovate air/fuel gauge, changed 2 sensors before it became apparent it was the gauge at fault (internet search revealed problems )
20200917_085556.jpg
replaced with a AEM unit all good so far🤞