What did you do to your Rocket today?

Ports Potty ?????
Yepper, a porta-potty.
Sadly, i have ****canned the ****ter as it was too bulky and heavy for my rig.

Too bad as i put a lot of effort into customizing it and used up all my decals...
243B2B75-A882-4903-ABEF-881EF6348A7E.jpeg

Just an FYI that The Last Coat just came out with Black Ice - an easy to apply ceramic coating.
After a 7 day cure, you apply the regular TLC (which kicks butt over F11).
If that's not enough you can apply their AMP glossifier and then even put a coat of real carnauba wax for a deeper shine.

I just applied Black Ice on my old bike and will add TLC in a few days but it already looks awesome. It will last 6 months or more if you reapply the top coats periodically.

I have not tried that product. Gota check it out. Thank you. You are redefining Iron Butt bro.

Yepper, a porta-potty.
Sadly, i have ****canned the ****ter as it was too bulky and heavy for my rig.

Too bad as i put a lot of effort into customizing it and used up all my decals...
243B2B75-A882-4903-ABEF-881EF6348A7E.jpeg
.... and don't forget that gold vinyl top wrap...every crease, crevice, 'foldover' and 'fallshort'. ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:

You need the modern campers version, or make you own. Just get the cheapest plastic toilet seat from Walmart for $5 or so and a:

or buy ready made. Only weighs a pound or two max and you can just use garbage bags insted of the pot.

.... and don't forget that gold vinyl top wrap...every crease, crevice, 'foldover' and 'fallshort'. ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:

You need the modern campers version, or make you own. Just get the cheapest plastic toilet seat from Walmart for $5 or so and a:

or buy ready made. Only weighs a pound or two max and you can just use garbage bags insted of the pot.

Ha Ha, yes I rushed the wrap job and didn't have my heat gun.
That chrome vinyl is hard to use on compound curves. I purposely didn't post closeups of my feeble first attempts on Black Mamba.
It is for more experienced wrappers.

My buddy gave me his old foldup WDS (waste disposal system) - I swapped 21lb medium-tech biodegradable crapper for a low-tech 1lb unit.
TMI but it is broken in. LOL

Hi all
Junked the Innovate air/fuel gauge, changed 2 sensors before it became apparent it was the gauge at fault (internet search revealed problems )
20200917_085556.jpg
replaced with a AEM unit all good so far🤞

Turned over 40K miles on my 2010 Roadie bought 5/24/10. Not a lot of miles, but in my defense I have 4 other bikes and for a while there my '09 DR650 was my go to travel bike.
Starter relay went at 1K miles because, as it turns out, mine was a very early Roadster that didn't have the updated subharness. I had a shift seal replaced and a couple minor cosmetic things done under warranty. Incorrect assembly by the shop meant my front ABS wire got chewed through at ~15K miles. My valve cover gasket needed replacing after I checked valve clearances at 19K miles (all fine). I replaced a few ECM and fuel pump relays over the years, but the problem actually turned out to be a bad main fuse holder I replaced for $4 from O'Reilly's. Only took me a few years to figure that out. Duh.
So, out of pocket for a valve cover gasket that may have been my fault and $4 for a fuse holder in 40K miles. Not too bad.
Wanted to add too, this oil change will be the first I've paid for because the shop I bought it from gave free oil changes for life right up until they closed.

Last edited:
Back