What did you do to your Rocket today?

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster
I think he means strippable decals so you can change colors and stuff?

Yes.

Here was my bonus special project:

Plastidipped the base, Gold Chrome vinyl wrapped the cover, applied decals, clear coated and applied new TLC Black Ice Ceramic coating.
After the ceramic cures I’ll apply a coat of regular TLC for even more protection and shine.

It was originally an ugly beige color that made it look like it was from the 50’s.

Now it is a custom unit suitable for a modern vagabond biker. LOL

If it gets beat up or I want a change I can just peel it all off and try something new.

67C53DAB-AF9D-44B3-A5E0-31AC72DCAD3A.jpeg

Last edited:

Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring

Plastidipped the base, Gold Chrome vinyl wrapped the cover, applied decals, clear coated and applied new TLC Black Ice Ceramic coating.
After the ceramic cures I’ll apply a coat of regular TLC for even more protection and shine.

View attachment 96732
thats a patriotic American right there let me tell ya, ooh rah Jim

Ishrub

Retired and loving it!
Ride
R3 Roadster,Sprint ST 1050 ABS, BMW R100RS sidecar
Yes.

It was originally an ugly beige color that made it look like it was from the 50’s.

Now it is a custom unit suitable for a modern vagabond biker. LOL

If it gets beat up or I want a change I can just peel it all off and try something new.

View attachment 96732
I won't be getting you to do my vinyl wrap! ;) :oops::eek::roll::roll::roll:

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster
After a few negative comments about the orange color mismatch on my belly pan I decided to try to chrome it. US4 vs US20 to get a custom mix.
Well, at least the spray can cover was chrome.
It's basically just silver. It is the same color as the high temperature can I bought to touch up the engine.
I added 4 costs of clear for added protection and shine.

Before & after shots.
I Thought it was OK but I'm colorblind...

It is Plasti-Dipped so I can peel it off and try something different if silver sucks.

LMK
3F6C8B27-CDCA-412F-B1A9-BD9E1DA70650.jpeg
BA94F740-AD0D-450C-8F0B-D7F3CD24D938.jpeg

Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
After a few negative comments about the orange color mismatch on my belly pan I decided to try to chrome it. US4 vs US20 to get a custom mix.
Well, at least the spray can cover was chrome.
It's basically just silver. It is the same color as the high temperature can I bought to touch up the engine.
I added 4 costs of clear for added protection and shine.

Before & after shots.
I Thought it was OK but I'm colorblind...

It is Plasti-Dipped so I can peel it off and try something different if silver sucks.

LMK
View attachment 97085View attachment 97086
Hum i like the engine badge, ive seen it before on another rocket, i have a badge but was commented it was well something. Those ole negative comments ha looking good Jim. Youre stylin and profilin