What did you do to your Rocket today?

I think he means strippable decals so you can change colors and stuff?

Yes.

Here was my bonus special project:

Plastidipped the base, Gold Chrome vinyl wrapped the cover, applied decals, clear coated and applied new TLC Black Ice Ceramic coating.
After the ceramic cures I’ll apply a coat of regular TLC for even more protection and shine.

It was originally an ugly beige color that made it look like it was from the 50’s.

Now it is a custom unit suitable for a modern vagabond biker. LOL

If it gets beat up or I want a change I can just peel it all off and try something new.

67C53DAB-AF9D-44B3-A5E0-31AC72DCAD3A.jpeg

Last edited:

Plastidipped the base, Gold Chrome vinyl wrapped the cover, applied decals, clear coated and applied new TLC Black Ice Ceramic coating.
After the ceramic cures I’ll apply a coat of regular TLC for even more protection and shine.

thats a patriotic American right there let me tell ya, ooh rah Jim

Yes.

It was originally an ugly beige color that made it look like it was from the 50’s.

Now it is a custom unit suitable for a modern vagabond biker. LOL

If it gets beat up or I want a change I can just peel it all off and try something new.

I won't be getting you to do my vinyl wrap! ;) :oops::eek::roll::roll::roll:

After a few negative comments about the orange color mismatch on my belly pan I decided to try to chrome it. US4 vs US20 to get a custom mix.
Well, at least the spray can cover was chrome.
It's basically just silver. It is the same color as the high temperature can I bought to touch up the engine.
I added 4 costs of clear for added protection and shine.

Before & after shots.
I Thought it was OK but I'm colorblind...

It is Plasti-Dipped so I can peel it off and try something different if silver sucks.

LMK
3F6C8B27-CDCA-412F-B1A9-BD9E1DA70650.jpeg
BA94F740-AD0D-450C-8F0B-D7F3CD24D938.jpeg

After a few negative comments about the orange color mismatch on my belly pan I decided to try to chrome it. US4 vs US20 to get a custom mix.
Well, at least the spray can cover was chrome.
It's basically just silver. It is the same color as the high temperature can I bought to touch up the engine.
I added 4 costs of clear for added protection and shine.

Before & after shots.
I Thought it was OK but I'm colorblind...

It is Plasti-Dipped so I can peel it off and try something different if silver sucks.

LMK
3F6C8B27-CDCA-412F-B1A9-BD9E1DA70650.jpeg
BA94F740-AD0D-450C-8F0B-D7F3CD24D938.jpeg
Hum i like the engine badge, ive seen it before on another rocket, i have a badge but was commented it was well something. Those ole negative comments ha looking good Jim. Youre stylin and profilin

Gave the TwoTone a bath after Sunday downpour ride. A good dose of S100 camel brushes, showered rinse and rags. Finished with F-11. Taking her out tomorrow morning.

She's fat, noisy and old but still gets jaw drops and compliments.

Just an FYI that The Last Coat just came out with Black Ice - an easy to apply ceramic coating.
After a 7 day cure, you apply the regular TLC (which kicks butt over F11).
If that's not enough you can apply their AMP glossifier and then even put a coat of real carnauba wax for a deeper shine.

I just applied Black Ice on my old bike and will add TLC in a few days but it already looks awesome. It will last 6 months or more if you reapply the top coats periodically.

Last edited:
Back