Welcome to R3Owners.Net!!!

Toystoretom

Living Legend
WELCOME!!!!

This is a project that some of us had talked about last summer, an adult or alternative style Rocket III forum. The project was shelved when other events transpired last August.

We decided to go ahead with it at this time for several different reasons. One reason is to keep pace with the ever changing technological landscape of the internet. Many old forum programs are starting to show their age and it is becoming increasingly difficult to add the newest features to them, to upgrade them, or to even find servers that will deal with older 32 bit technology. Do you remember Windows 3.1? It would almost be impossible to use it today, and the same kind of challenge faces today's webmasters

This new Forum is state of the art. It is a truly amazing program that has so many new features I just can't go into them here. We are starting out small and lean, but this is just the tip of the iceburg. This can easily grow into a megasite, or anything else that we desire. You will find at times the site may be down for maintainence, that may be due to the fact that we will be adding new modules, changing themes, or fine tuning the site itself. Please bear with us if things don't go too smoothly at first... this is the shakedown cruise. Please contact me if you find something that doesn't work correctly.

Another reason is somewhat selfish. I wanted to learn how to build and setup a website, and I was able to do just that to a certain extent. There is more work involved and more bases to cover than you might think.

We are going to try to go with a wide open forum with just a few common sense rules. Yes... we do have a AUP (Look under the FAQ) but it has been changed somewhat. Please take a few minutes to read it and note the differences. We have a good relationship with our servers but if need be we also have servers we can use that are outside the USA. We can be wild AND tasteful... all you have to do is act like Ladies and Gentlemen. It is important to note that the webmaster and administrator are Triumph motorcycle enthusiasts and will be easy to contact. I will be administrator and "Super Moderator" (not my terminology) and will spend a lot of time here. The Webmaster wishes to take a non active role in the day to day running of the site but will be here none the less playing with the program. I will still moderate the Rocket Science Forum on TRat. If this forum takes off or changes are needed we will add to the staff and/or reorganize as needed

Please take a look around... At first glance it looks like it is somewhat plain but as you get into it you will find it is rich with features... and we have more on the way. We have a awesome "Reviews" portal that we may add soon. If you log in you already have a photo album that is very easy to use.. it automatically resizes pics. We don't have a chat yet.. we may skip that and go with a Skype style teleconference, or we may do both. This site will continue to grow and develop over time.

Most importantly just have fun!! Someone told me a few months ago to "Keep it real" and this new site will allow us to do just that.

Thank you for coming here!!!

"Toystoretom" Bettin (Tomo) / Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:
Toystoretom said:
This new Forum is state of the art. It is a truly amazing program that has so many new features I just can't go into them here.

OK... let see some of these amazing features... a wish list.....

In each post - a reference to exactly which post # the comment is in reply to.

When I sign into the forum, present me with three links or display options.
1. A link which when clicked will bring up the forum displaying only threads with comments in reply to me.
2. A link which when clicked will display only threads with new posts I have not read yet.
3. A display all link.

When I open a thread, take me directly to the first unread post in that thread. I can scroll backward if I want to review old posts.

If any of this functionality already exists... tell me about it!

BTW... all of these features come standard on Delphi forums.

Here you go ejmoment:

1. A link which when clicked will bring up the forum displaying only threads with comments in reply to me.

R3Owners.Net separates what is considered public vs private, a post that everyone can see isn't necessarily directed to the topic's original creator.

On any post, it is possible to send a private message to it's creator, which uses a different interface.

2. A link which when clicked will display only threads with new posts I have not read yet.

On the Top Menu Bar, click on "New Posts"

3. A display all link.

On the Top Menu Bar, click on "Quick Links", then "Today's Posts".

Alternatives:
  • Subscribe to specific topics and see your subscriptions on your "User CP" page.
  • Go to the Advanced Search page, setup a particular search you commonly use and save the preference.
  • Setup a Buddy List, from the Quick Links Menu.

I keep track of posts by following the colors of the little icons to the left of the threads.. they have different symbols for threads you have posted in and if it becomes green someone has replied.

Back