Undertank K&N

Has anyone noticed with the undertank K&N that in hot weather in town when heat under the tank is HOT the the bike will stumble or pop from suckin up the hot air??? I put a K&N under the tank on my 1500 Intruder and when it got hot under the tank the bike got real fussy and would cough or pop.

Air/Oil cooled.... They had a pretty good sized oil cooler which seem to moderate the temp. pretty good. but on a hot day in town you could hardley lay your hand on the tank shell. fuel is actully under he seat. the stock air box is under the tank halves. It was entirely removed in the K&N install

Very good thread. Ok, so I read through the whole thing and I have a question. I have underseat K&N and the snorkel removed, will there be an gain in HP if I go undertank? I like the idea of the extra storage but hate to spend more $$ when there is no gain.

Thanks

Found this post while looking around and it is exactly what I need - somewhere to put stuff! Anyone know if it'll work on the Roadster? I guess the tank and air intakes are the same for all R3's? The K&N is available and is about £35 here

Update: I have removed the tube that goes from the crankcase vent to the airbox. The K&N 62-1340 works for this application. Easier fitment can be had by unbolting and lifting the front of the airbox, otherwise it is very tight.

understatement of the century lol, this crankcase filter install had me fit to be tied up earlier this evening :cool:

Yeah I loosened and lifted the airbox made the job rather easy I would hate to have tried fitting the filter with the airbox locked down would have driven me mad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back