Undertank K&N

First of all, the under tank filter flows 433.5 CFM according to K&N...more than adequate! Second, I have a Carpenter build with Jars and get 208 hp and 168 lbs torque with the under tank filter. I was told I would do better by going to the stock filter location and taking off the under seat intake runners. I tried it. Although I didn't dyno the change, there is no question the under tank filter felt noticably stronger!
I went back to the under the tank filter!
The heat issue just doesn't pass the smell test since big V8 cars have their air filters sitting smack dab on top of their 400 cubic inch V8 motors with no problems. (talk about heat!) As soon as you move at all..the temp is drastically reduced.
In any case, there is no comparison, at least as far as my experience is concerned.

First of all, the under tank filter flows 433.5 CFM according to K&N...more than adequate! Second, I have a Carpenter build with Jars and get 208 hp and 168 lbs torque with the under tank filter. I was told I would do better by going to the stock filter location and taking off the under seat intake runners. I tried it. Although I didn't dyno the change, there is no question the under tank filter felt noticably stronger!
I went back to the under the tank filter!
The heat issue just doesn't pass the smell test since big V8 cars have their air filters sitting smack dab on top of their 400 cubic inch V8 motors with no problems. (talk about heat!) As soon as you move at all..the temp is drastically reduced.
In any case, there is no comparison, at least as far as my experience is concerned.

I've done nothing to my motor just triples and pipes 150hp and 156ft lbs at the wheel . It's all about the torque for me plenty of hp for the roads round here. Much prefer triples so much easier to balance throttle bodies . That plastic plenum is a giant pain in the ass .

Easist horsepoweradder on any car is a cold air kit. If ther wasn't an advantage to getting cooler air why does every race car use a cold air intake?

Easist horsepoweradder on any car is a cold air kit. If ther wasn't an advantage to getting cooler air why does every race car use a cold air intake?

Zen is talking about engines back when he was a little bit younger 400 cubic inch dinnasor's. Now days all engine have cool air routed to them and do not get air from the center top of the engine.
Because he makes good money at his occupation he probably does not have to lift the hood of his car up anymore. This is most likely is why he has not noticed that evolution has happened to auotmobiles since the 60's and 70's. I wish I made that much money myself:D

Hey Zen I am making a funny!!!!!!

Zen is talking about engines back when he was a little bit younger 400 cubic inch dinnasor's. Now days all engine have cool air routed to them and do not get air from the center top of the engine.
Because he makes good money at his occupation he probably does not have to lift the hood of his car up anymore. This is most likely is why he has not noticed that evolution has happened to auotmobiles since the 60's and 70's. I wish I made that much money myself:D

Hey Zen I am making a funny!!!!!!

I know you wish so but wishing won't make it so!
Actually...I was so influenced by many others on the other R3 site that I reinstalled the stock under seat air filter and removed the plastic intake runners from the seat pan.
The bike was noticeably slower and less responsive...REALLY
Went back to under the tank and the snap came back .
No problem, Warp.

Back