Undertank K&N

Thanks

Well I'm not going to do custom headers, like the quiet time on my bike. Don't need to make noise. Just want to do the bypass. Besides I like the double take you get when you blow past a ****** rocked and they didn't even know you were coming.
I use to do a lot of pipe and tubing work, pretty dame good with a tig and even better with a mig welder, my living for money years, use to weld up roll cages in race cars. But any ways I thought if I saw a pair I could make it.

unfortunetly i already sold mine... it's a straight forward design.. you should be able to fab it by the pics.. i'd take the stock cat out, bolt everything back in place and use the pics to guide you.

Pigger

Once the black tube is removed you can fit the K&N. I found it fit best under the tank if it was about an 1/8 of an inch or so behind the "nub" on the grey tube. Make sure the clamp screw will not interfere with and wiring. Secure the filter and gently lower the tank. Take time to insure there is room and that wiring and gas lines do not interfere with the filter.

Once you are satisfied with the fit reinstall the tank. It would probably wouldn't hurt to do the 12 minute tune. After the first ride or two check and make sure the filter is not interfering with anything and that it is still secure. Also be careful when washing and don't spray water up under the tank.

Now you have a nice little glove box under the seat.

Update: I have removed the tube that goes from the crankcase vent to the airbox. The K&N RU-1340 works for this application. Easier fitment can be had by unbolting and lifting the front of the airbox, otherwise it is very tight.

Whats with the filth on these bikes??? Thats discusting

Flip

You dont like my residential area,It keeps spike clean..I dont have to ride a fruken dirt swamp road to get home..You should at least dig the cow **** out of the treads once In a while..No excuse..I have more miles than you even with your trip.Mr Iron Butt,,,head..Iam sorry I know your to old to bend down that low..Thats why you lost the lower rad. screws..Once again get on your friggen back and look up..Your retired now get It clean.Do you know what detaling means??? LOve ya even If your bikes a desgrace..I'll mail ya some Q tips...Oh forgot, why would you pose a dirty red bike? You wouldnt know how to do It anyhow..KissKiss

Last edited:
Put a 62 in front of it instead of the RU.

http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=1102&page=5

I orginally had it wrong, someone pm'd me the same a while back and I have since corrected it in the original thread. I think either will work for you.

The RU-1340 is entirely unlike the 62-1340. The latter is the correct designator for the model you've included in the project image(s). That's an expensive glove box, after the addition of the crank case vent filter. :eek:

Back