Undertank K&N

Wellll... maybe I will. I have an idea for stuff like that but I am waiting for the new version of V Bulletin to get put in place. We are just in a little bit of a holding pattern right now.

Heat - Undertank K&N

Now that all those who have made the undertank K&N mod have had time to assess their worth, are you all convinced this is still a good mod before I go do the same ? The only other consideration I had was the higher air temp under the tank / above the engine - is the the air under there not too warm to run well ?

Damd8279 said:
Now that all those who have made the undertank K&N mod have had time to assess their worth, are you all convinced this is still a good mod before I go do the same ? The only other consideration I had was the higher air temp under the tank / above the engine - is the the air under there not too warm to run well ?

You should also consider the filter areas of the under tank and under seat filters. If you have an under seat filter and haven't removed the ducting under the stock seat, consider that.

Damd8279 said:
Damd
I guess I have logged about 400 miles since I converted to a under the tank K&N. There have been a number of warm day runs with no problem. I can tell there is a slight increase in throttle reponse, but not a great deal of difference. I just enjoy the extra storage.

Thanks Pig9r for posting the "how-to" on this mod. Just completed this mod today.

I had been running a K&N underseat.

Last edited:
hey

don't forget pic's of the 1700's under claw. I am willing to bet you get better performance out of the triples and single out in the open than the singles tucked under the tank. My prediction.

thanks Pigr9

I think for now I am going to stick with a cat bypass and a K&N under the seat with the cover piece removed. I'll let you guy's experiment then I'll tag along after you work out the kinks. Besides at 145 lds I have more horse power than most of you anyways, just not sure of the BALLS to go along with them.
WEIGHT = HORSE POWER.
OH ya shut down a pesky Yamaha Worrier last weekend and ****** rocket and I still haven't gone past 3/4 throttle still breaking it in you know. Only 200 more miles for the first check up. Then full throttle ahead.
They say my feet look funny flapping in the wind behind me at 120 mph (what do you think.):roll:

Back