Mark Johnson

I'm smart too you know!
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster
Can anyone tell me what the stock UK Rocket III Roadsters horsepower and torque is vs. the USA version? I would like facts if anyone has them. I hear stories of how the U.S. version is so detuned and choked down from the homeland version. Or can you point me to a thread that already addresses the differences? Or are the stories BS or fact? I'm just trying to learn as much truth about them as I can, in order not to spread the B.S. I've been hearing and reading. Thank you

Can anyone tell me what the stock UK Rocket III Roadsters horsepower and torque is vs. the USA version? I would like facts if anyone has them. I hear stories of how the U.S. version is so detuned and choked down from the homeland version. Or can you point me to a thread that already addresses the differences? Or are the stories BS or fact? I'm just trying to learn as much truth about them as I can, in order not to spread the B.S. I've been hearing and reading. Thank you
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Well thank you for your input. But that is what I'm trying to find out. Is there a difference or is it just a crock of ****? I won't mention any names on here. But they told me this fabulous story of how the UK bikes are monsters. I will take your answer as fact. I'm sure they are not detuned for the U.S. but instead detuned for everybody, with a **** ton of capability after retuning of course. I love mine bone stock, and plan to just do the usual intake and slip on with a tune improvements. I mean that intake system is straight trash!

I have owned my 2006 Rocket since new and been on this forum for over 10 years and have not heard of the US market Standard/Roadster Rockets being de-tuned. They have always been rated at world wide advertised numbers and dyno reports confirm this. I have read the French and German Rockets have different tunes from the rest of the world that reduces power. Again they can be re-flashed to get full Triumph spec power. Of course we can re-flash all Rockets (2.3 L) and increase power in relation to the improved intake and exhaust.

Now there is a version called TOURING which came out in 2008 that is de-tuned of HP but Up-rated slightly in Torque and at a lower peak RPM. The TOURING can be re-flashed with a tune PowerTripp made for the community many years ago. That re-flash works great. It adds about 30 HP.

Well mine is upside down but speaks with an american accent due to the jardines...i understand there is no difference between the bikes in the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand when new. The Triumph tune from factory is the same. Fuel may be different from one country to another but that is all. Of course things happen pretty darn quickly after you buy a new one!...well at least it did here!
I can't see why Triumph would have different settings on their bikes for each country and then publish the exact same figures of the bike worldwide.

Back