Only differences between UK and US I know of are at least some of the US bikes have reflectors on the sides of the forks and the rear 'fender'.

And Cali has the evaporative loss emissions control jazz under the left side panel.

Well mine is upside down but speaks with an american accent due to the jardines...i understand there is no difference between the bikes in the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand when new. The Triumph tune from factory is the same. Fuel may be different from one country to another but that is all. Of course things happen pretty darn quickly after you buy a new one!...well at least it did here!
I can't see why Triumph would have different settings on their bikes for each country and then publish the exact same figures of the bike worldwide.

Yeeeahh Tal. I like that... Upsidedown but talks with an American accent. HD would pay thousands for that lick. :thumbsup:

I don't know about the Hp but... I have seen some mean Rockets from the EU depicted on this site. Us Americans tend to leave our bikes looking stock. There are some nice custom paint jobs. Most motors have modifications but... the Rad bikes I have seen are Euro-OffShore.

The bikes are identical....in fact all triumphs are. There is only a handful of locations they are built with most built either at Hinckley or in Thailand. There is also India I think and there is a special arrangement with Brazil where they ship the bikes as a parts kit to be built locally. For our purposes it’s mostly Thailand or Hinckley and all parts orders run through Hinckley. All camshafts and crankshafts are made in Hinckley too.... so basically all bikes now have parts from multiple locations plus some other bits like electrical components made by various third parties.

triumph builds the bikes based on distributor orders, so one useful thing to know is that if you are prepared to wait, you can order the bike in whatever colour and with whatever accessories are available you don’t have to go with standard colours for that year... the order can be placed from dealer to distributor up to Triumph... even most dealers don’t know this but I have this info straight from triumph whilst standing on the factory floor at Hinckley. You can bet the next bike I buy the conversation with the dealer is going to go very differently!

oh yes there were a couple of different tunes but that’s easy solved, the machine itself is the same.

Last edited:
The bikes are identical....in fact all triumphs are. There is only a handful of locations they are built with most built either at Hinckley or in Thailand. There is also India I think and there is a special arrangement with Brazil where they ship the bikes as a parts kit to be built locally. For our purposes it’s mostly Thailand or Hinckley and all parts orders run through Hinckley. All camshafts and crankshafts are made in Hinckley too.... so basically all bikes now have parts from multiple locations plus some other bits like electrical components made by various third parties.

triumph builds the bikes based on distributor orders, so one useful thing to know is that if you are prepared to wait, you can order the bike in whatever colour and with whatever accessories are available you don’t have to go with standard colours for that year... the order can be placed from dealer to distributor up to Triumph... even most dealers don’t know this but I have this info straight from triumph whilst standing on the factory floor at Hinckley. You can bet the next bike I buy the conversation with the dealer is going to go very differently!

oh yes there were a couple of different tunes but that’s easy solved, the machine itself is the same.
Great info:) except all the 2.3 litre R3s are made already!:(;)

Back