Jade Dragon

.020 Over
I'm just about to replace both tyres on my 08 R3 Classic. The Metzelers have been good but I was wondering if anyone has had other makes that do the job.
I live in South Spain so I'm not interested in wet weather performance as I don't ride in the wet any more :)
I'm particularly looking for advice from riders in similar climates like non tropical Oz, CA etc. Thanks in anticipation guys.

Spend the money for Avon Cobra. I've used them since the Metz wore out at 6,500 miles. Still love the Cobra at 28,000.

I'm making 1 change to the front. I ordered the 140/75-17 instead of the standard 150/80-17. The 140/75 is said to help improve turn in.

Bill

Here you go - these are the options.
Most of us run the Bridgestone Exedra Max on the rear and various others (NOT Metzeler) on the front.

Possible Rocket Roadster Tires.jpg

In non tropical Oz, I have been using Avon Cobra 150/80R17 front and Bridgestone Exedra Max 240/55R16 on the rear for the last 50,000 + kms and wouldn't be bothered with anything else.

In non tropical Oz, I have been using Avon Cobra 150/80R17 front and Bridgestone Exedra Max 240/55R16 on the rear for the last 50,000 + kms and wouldn't be bothered with anything else.

I currently run the same combo except I prefer the 140/75R17 Avon up front.

Thanks guys, no Metzeler fans out there then?
Rather than mess around I've gone for the Bridgestone rear and the narrower Avon Cobra front.
My US friends will be very amused to discover that's costing me $390 without fitting!
What the hell, you only live once, Rockets away!

Last edited:
Tyre time .. going to give the Exedra Max/ Avon Cobra combo a try. What should I be looking at paying here in Australia .. anyone bought them lately ? Thanks.

Back