I know a lot of people like those. I tried them once- I liked the look (wide) and super deep tread, but handling wise I found that you had to put more effort into initiating a turn with them. Compared to the Dunlop that I tend to run, or a Cobra, the tire seems to be flatter across the tread area, whereas the others mentioned have a more rounded shape- I believe that helps them roll over into a turn more easily. Just 2¢

I know a lot of people like those. I tried them once- I liked the look (wide) and super deep tread, but handling wise I found that you had to put more effort into initiating a turn with them. Compared to the Dunlop that I tend to run, or a Cobra, the tire seems to be flatter across the tread area, whereas the others mentioned have a more rounded shape- I believe that helps them roll over into a turn more easily. Just 2¢
Interesting, I found it feels the opposite for me.:confused:

Interesting, I found it feels the opposite for me.:confused:
I know- some of you guys rave about them. I should probably give it another go. If I remember right, they're reasonably priced too. Thing about tires is I'm always putting them on. It's like a haircut (well, not for me), if I don't like it I'll be in a position to try something else in just a few months.

I know- some of you guys rave about them. I should probably give it another go. If I remember right, they're reasonably priced too. Thing about tires is I'm always putting them on. It's like a haircut (well, not for me), if I don't like it I'll be in a position to try something else in just a few months.
Have you upgraded your suspension? I know that upgrade changed the feeling of the steering so it might be possible that my tire suits my bike better than the set up you are running. Just a hypothesis?

I tried to install Progressive springs a while back and got a defective pair that had issues (long story). Anyway, I have another set just waiting to get put in any day now. Based on what you're saying, I might give that tire another try after I get those springs installed (I have YSS shocks on the rear).

I tried to install Progressive springs a while back and got a defective pair that had issues (long story). Anyway, I have another set just waiting to get put in any day now. Based on what you're saying, I might give that tire another try after I get those springs installed (I have YSS shocks on the rear).
I don’t change tires like a haircut like you. I’m usually very reluctant to try anything other than the OEM tires. I went out on a limb this time and got lucky. Blaine is much more knowledgeable than I am about these matters so I took his advice. If you do try them for a weekend let me know if you change your mind.

So you wore out a Road 5?😳

Sure, not sure why you're surprised- you and I both only get ~ 4K to a tire, generally (road surface/riding style). Seems like I'm getting even less on the rears recently. I might (?) have gotten some extra miles from the Road 5 (the tread is deep!), but surprised that it wasn't that much different than other tires. I think I've tried just about everything mentioned on the forum for the Roadster on the front and keep coming back to the Dunlops, which no one else seems to run. They wear perfectly evenly, grip and handle great, and give equally good mileage to the others. I've yet to try a Cobra Chrome on the rear because they are sooooo much more expensive than the Exedra and the rears only go for 3 - 3.5 months. Time for a rear change now, in fact.

Back