Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
Good article, and it validates my decision to go back to stock sizes after trying several different combinations.

Motorcycle.com: Everything You Need to Know About Motorcycle Tires.

"Solis @ Pirelli: “Check your pressure. Every time you go out on a ride. Nobody ever does it, but I’m still going to suggest that you do it."

I got the FOBO sensors to alert me in advance of a sudden leak while riding , but have found it's also a good way to just confirm tire pressure each time I get on the bike. It agrees very closely with my quality tire gauge.

"Bell @ Dunlop: “There are two schools of thought. I think if somebody is going to entertain the idea of trying a non-standard size, something that’s different than the motorcycle manufacturer recommends, they should do as much homework as they can. I wouldn’t recommend just going off of the blogs because somebody said that they did it, and it was awesome."

I think enough of us have had luck changing up from the standard sizes and handling is improved- I consider it "well researched."

Good article!

"Solis @ Pirelli: “Check your pressure. Every time you go out on a ride. Nobody ever does it, but I’m still going to suggest that you do it."

I got the FOBO sensors to alert me in advance of a sudden leak while riding , but have found it's also a good way to just confirm tire pressure each time I get on the bike. It agrees very closely with my quality tire gauge.

"Bell @ Dunlop: “There are two schools of thought. I think if somebody is going to entertain the idea of trying a non-standard size, something that’s different than the motorcycle manufacturer recommends, they should do as much homework as they can. I wouldn’t recommend just going off of the blogs because somebody said that they did it, and it was awesome."

I think enough of us have had luck changing up from the standard sizes and handling is improved- I consider it "well researched."

Good article!
I once ride 330 miles with a slow leak that I forgot to put air before heading home. So better look at getting those sensors.

Good article!
Yes, but every change is a tradeoff, it comes down to riding style and personal choice. A narrower front quickened the steering but seemed to cup and wear quicker. A wider rear gained traction but slowed the steering back down, you could actually feel the longer distance rolling from side to side. None of the changes were awful or anything, but last tire change I opted to go back to stock. *I'm on a Carpentered Touring

Check the valve stem. They crack. Check the worm in the stem. The seal goes bad. Not all shops replace or even check the stem and valve with each tyre change.

Last edited:
I have a stock size on the rear of my old Rocket but did put on a rear tire mounted backwards on the front influenced by the testimony of Ole Bell and Blaine. It has seemed to work very well for improved steering and handling. I don’t care that the mileage is expected to be greater but it is a bonus. I’m sure there might be some objection by the manufacturers if I asked them. Oh well.

I have a stock size on the rear of my old Rocket but did put on a rear tire mounted backwards on the front influenced by the testimony of Ole Bell and Blaine. It has seemed to work very well for improved steering and handling. I don’t care that the mileage is expected to be greater but it is a bonus. I’m sure there might be some objection by the manufacturers if I asked them. Oh well.
What brand tire did you run in reverse?

IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0313.JPG

Back