Sure, not sure why you're surprised- you and I both only get ~ 4K to a tire, generally (road surface/riding style). Seems like I'm getting even less on the rears recently. I might (?) have gotten some extra miles from the Road 5 (the tread is deep!), but surprised that it wasn't that much different than other tires. I think I've tried just about everything mentioned on the forum for the Roadster on the front and keep coming back to the Dunlops, which no one else seems to run. They wear perfectly evenly, grip and handle great, and give equally good mileage to the others. I've yet to try a Cobra Chrome on the rear because they are sooooo much more expensive than the Exedra and the rears only go for 3 - 3.5 months. Time for a rear change now, in fact.
You ride hard on those tyres. Lucky you. Tear it up. Have fun.

Sure, not sure why you're surprised- you and I both only get ~ 4K to a tire, generally (road surface/riding style). Seems like I'm getting even less on the rears recently. I might (?) have gotten some extra miles from the Road 5 (the tread is deep!), but surprised that it wasn't that much different than other tires. I think I've tried just about everything mentioned on the forum for the Roadster on the front and keep coming back to the Dunlops, which no one else seems to run. They wear perfectly evenly, grip and handle great, and give equally good mileage to the others. I've yet to try a Cobra Chrome on the rear because they are sooooo much more expensive than the Exedra and the rears only go for 3 - 3.5 months. Time for a rear change now, in fact.
I'm about with you, I can't imagine getting 10-12k out of a tire. Maybe 6-7 k out of a front, but cupping at half that, and I'm jealous of anyone that gets 5k out of a rear.

I'm about with you, I can't imagine getting 10-12k out of a tire. Maybe 6-7 k out of a front, but cupping at half that, and I'm jealous of anyone that gets 5k out of a rear.
Yeah, they coup and vibrate and wobble way before the thread is done. The rear's thread is gone @5k for me even with the Exedra. It's too risky to ride bare thread. Hit a wet spot and you're down.

put on a rear tire mounted backwards on the front influenced by the testimony of Ole Bell and Blaine.
I'm curious, how does the tire handle in the rain. I've run Pilot Road's exclusively on my S-750 since the stockers wore out. Great tires, 4 and 5. They really work well in the rain. Doesn't running them reverse mounted end up channeling the water in front of the tire instead of away?

Back