REBLX136

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 R 15 Rocket Roadster
Someone on Facebook claims to have flashed their ECU with a map from these, the result being the bike now see’s 100% throttle in sport mode but the top end remains limited.

the site provides limited info and has some glaring errors in the description so I’m dubious at best!

They tell me the ecu has been unlocked on modern Triumphs for the last 18 months...i dont think the 'R' model and the 'GT' model were even released then?...were they?....
If i have doubts about anything....and i do about this...then i will wait for more solid and proved evidence it will work. Its not about being first off the block for me.
Still...im watching with interest.
...Meanwhile my GT goes along really nicely with the new exhaust system and is recording a good kilometers per litre reading of 15.9...im pretty happy with that.

DNK has been making tunes for the new twins and now triples. She probably neglected to change “twin” to “triple” in the template in the description for the Rocket. A lot of people give her tunes good reviews. I got one for my T120 and it definitely woke the bike up. She uses TuneECU. You buy a tune for $200. It was well worth it for my T120.

My understanding is that the TFC is supposed to have more power. I just compared the TFC and R maps in TuneECU. The rev limit is 7500 on the TFC and 7000 in the R. You can raise it to 7400. The maps are the same except for the road and sport throttle tables but there are only a handful of different (higher) values in the TFC map at the upper end. That means you can have the TFC tune for the cost of the TuneECU program, an Android tablet, and an OBDLink LX Bluetooth adapter.

DNK has been making tunes for the new twins and now triples. She probably neglected to change “twin” to “triple” in the template in the description for the Rocket. A lot of people give her tunes good reviews. I got one for my T120 and it definitely woke the bike up. She uses TuneECU. You buy a tune for $200. It was well worth it for my T120.

My understanding is that the TFC is supposed to have more power. I just compared the TFC and R maps in TuneECU. The rev limit is 7500 on the TFC and 7000 in the R. You can raise it to 7400. The maps are the same except for the road and sport throttle tables but there are only a handful of different (higher) values in the TFC map at the upper end. That means you can have the TFC tune for the cost of the TuneECU program, an Android tablet, and an OBDLink LX Bluetooth adapter.
Interesting, from what I understand or at least heard the only difference between the TFC and the R/GT is how much throttle it see’s is that right? Something like 65% to 74% or something like that..

I have wondered if you can flash the R with the TFC map without any issue.

personally I’m in no rush, I’m quite enjoying her as she is at the moment but you know how it is, that could change in the next hour!!! I said exactly this with my Roadster but the minute I had her tweaked I wouldn’t look back!!!

Interesting, from what I understand or at least heard the only difference between the TFC and the R/GT is how much throttle it see’s is that right? Something like 65% to 74% or something like that..

I have wondered if you can flash the R with the TFC map without any issue.

personally I’m in no rush, I’m quite enjoying her as she is at the moment but you know how it is, that could change in the next hour!!! I said exactly this with my Roadster but the minute I had her tweaked I wouldn’t look back!!!
That’s right. The top end max throttle value is 65 % for the R and 76% for the TFC. On the T120, the highest values are 100%. The TFC and R maps are comparable in TuneECU, which doesn’t mean the R ECU won’t allow you to download the TFC map into the R. However, there are so few values that are different, it would be easy to edit these in the R map.

That’s right. The top end max throttle value is 65 % for the R and 76% for the TFC. On the T120, the highest values are 100%. The TFC and R maps are comparable in TuneECU, which doesn’t mean the R ECU won’t allow you to download the TFC map into the R. However, there are so few values that are different, it would be easy to edit these in the R map.
Well it’s defo moving I. The right direction eh, i best get an android tablet and an obd link so I can have a butchers.

Well it’s defo moving I. The right direction eh, i best get an android tablet and an obd link so I can have a butchers.
Another point of interest is that the F/L switch is at 4% throttle. This makes adjusting the fuel using TuneECU a lot more straightforward. Also, the ignition tables are nearly identical from 1st to 6th gear.

Back