Tunes on your Rocket

Earbuds in helmet does offer better quality sound but, to me (IMHO) it drastically interferes with the ability to hear outside sounds that you might, slightly, be interested in such as ambulances, police sirens (hopefully not because of "our" riding) and others that escape me at the present time.

Having said that my Gold Wing was tuned about perfect and I had excellent sound in excess of 90 mph with no distortion. I'd rather ride that way myself, besides with that particular sound system (6 speakers) it automatically adjusted the volume depending on the speed you were at.

As for the Rocket I currently have the Cycle Sounds Stereo System on it, it gets pretty good sound up to about 55 - 60 mph, but after that it does wash out. When I do it again I will have bigger and better...and with the R3T a better platform (handlebars) to use.

Dennis

74 dtg Kuwait
75 dtg Home

Understood. I don't ride anymore with anything but earplugs. The sweet sound of Jardines dyno-tuned keeps me going all day!

I use a Nolan N103 helmet with bluetooth. It sounds great. Hooks up to IPOD or XM easily with a built in amp and volume controls.

As this very subject is illegal in some states . Foam on my IEM's reduces ambient sounds so your source can be relatively low so you can hear outside influences. AM talk show junkie, who has positioned his volume control for easy access. On longer jaunts I'll music up. Bluetooth for my Nolan is next.

Back