Tunes on your Rocket

T Evans

Supercharged
I am wanting to add some tunes to the Rocket. You know, something I can mount with the Corbin fairing. I currently use a Mini Shuffle with ear phones under my helmet. But this is getting to be a pain to get the ear phones in, get your helmet on, try to push the buttons going down the road. Its probably not that safe either.
So I thought I would ask you guys what some of you are using.
I have been playing the guitar for the last 30 years or so, (and still not very good at it) so I really like my tunes. I'd like to see what might be out there that maybe I have missed?

Big T

I am wanting to add some tunes to the Rocket. You know, something I can mount with the Corbin fairing. I currently use a Mini Shuffle with ear phones under my helmet. But this is getting to be a pain to get the ear phones in, get your helmet on, try to push the buttons going down the road. Its probably not that safe either.
So I thought I would ask you guys what some of you are using.
I have been playing the guitar for the last 30 years or so, (and still not very good at it) so I really like my tunes. I'd like to see what might be out there that maybe I have missed?

Big T
I got waterproof speakers and an amp at motorcyclespeakers.net. I use my ipod and plug it into the amplifier. I also bought a wireless remote for my ipod to adjust volume and change songs.

I've been seeing those chrome handlebar mounted speakers with the remote mounted amplifier around alot lately. I hear they got really cheap all of a sudden and lots of guys are using them.

Big T

Maybe not what you are looking for, but this bluetooth unit from Motosonic gets really great critic in tests. Install flat, stereo speakers in your helmet and connect anything you like via bluetooth; mp3 music, cellphone, GPS instructions and intercom, both to passenger and fellow captains riding with you. No cables and no hazzle.

Are not using it myself today, but planning to

Gaia Framework Site

I have the Kury Sound of Chrome speakers on mine hooked up to my sat radio. It's good up to about 65 mph and then the wind noise overwhelms them.

There's just not a lot of room up there on the Std or Classic with the Corbin.

Never heard ant bike speaker set-up that sounded even half good. Earbuds are the only way to go.

Been playing bass professionally for over 30 years. Everyone has their own idea of good sound. Expectations of good sound vary almost as much as expections for a good bike. I like Polk stuff and I'm pleased it's working well for you. I'll stand with my statement-but that only means it's right for me. The other guy asked and I offered my opinion. As do others. He'll find what's right for him.

Been playing bass professionally for over 30 years. Everyone has their own idea of good sound. Expectations of good sound vary almost as much as expections for a good bike. I like Polk stuff and I'm pleased it's working well for you. I'll stand with my statement-but that only means it's right for me. The other guy asked and I offered my opinion. As do others. He'll find what's right for him.

I'm with you. It doesn't compare to a car or home stereo, but at least I can hear it without major distortion and that's a big improvement over anything I tried before. I'm also a singer songwriter and prefer quality sound but I'll take what I can get against the wind at the speed of a rocket.

Back