Hi,

no, the secondaries must not be removed, they are by the modification from the map, 100 % open.

The alteration of V max. is done as follows:

- Open TuneECU
- Open the desired map in the "Map Edit mode"
- Double click on "Speed ​​Limit" (Parameters, below left) is now the value displayed in red and can be changed using the up and down arrows.

Once the desired V-max is set, the map must be stored and then be loaded on the ECU.

Just as info, the V-max can be set arbitrarily, but the V-max is also influenced by the rev limit.

BR, Tom

Thanks for all the input guys. Just managed to get back my original map. Fix was: Did not remove any fuses, did not have extra power (charger or battery etc). No problems at all.

Would just like to ask one more question. Can I up the top speed purely by changing it to 260 without having to do any other mods to bike. Was thing of using the 20355CustomMap.hex - Rocket III Roadster Aftermarket exhaust 260 km topspeed fully open secondaries from your site Tom, or do I have to remove the secondaries???

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I would like a little more top speed without the extra hassle.

Cheers again.

TuneEcu worked beautifully for me! Downloaded the tune that was in the bike and saved it and then uploaded my new map for the R3T with TORS. (20366 I think?) Bike runs great and the popping when decelerating in gear is almost 100% gone.

Used the cable from Wayne at PowerTrip and it worked great.

Bike is definitely peppier in lower gears with faster throttle response. (Is that the open secondaries?) Actually left my first patch of rubber accelerating from a stop light this past weekend! Must admit, it scared me a little :eek:

Very happy with the bike now. (Need a Stebil horn upgrade though, the sound of the stock horn is embarassing.)

Thanks

Cheers Tom

Think I understand, but just to confirm. I am quite safe just to use the 20355CustomMap.hex - Rocket III Roadster Aftermarket exhaust 260 km topspeed fully open secondaries map or should I just set v-max top speed.

Cheers
magicbus

Hi,

I think we have a communication problem. :confused:

The map 20355CustomMap.hex has the following characteristics:
- Secondaries are fully open
- V max. 260 Km / h is already set.
I thought you wanted to change this value.

BR, Tom

Cheers Tom

Think I understand, but just to confirm. I am quite safe just to use the 20355CustomMap.hex - Rocket III Roadster Aftermarket exhaust 260 km topspeed fully open secondaries map or should I just set v-max top speed.

Cheers
magicbus

Apologies Tom

Yes, I want to up the top speed and I see I can set that without using the custom map. I was wondering if I use the custom map with the fully open secondaries would there be any benefit? could it cause potential engine damage? i.e, does this not release too much fuel causing a wrong air/fuel mix etc at certain ranges.

As one other member mentioned I get a poping at the moment when changing down gears too quickly (because of fuel being dumped I am assuming). The bike came with the standard 20355 map.

And as I mentioned earlier I do not want to remove the secondaries, yet (I may do it later when thinking of the Triple K&N option) but that is a long way down the line.

Hope this is a bit clearer

Hi,
Without a test on a dynamometer, there is always a risk. Whether you just change the V max and / or if they're drive with fully open secondaries.

If you want to driving only with more V-max, you can also in the OEM-map the V-max raise and test.

The V-max is also limited by the ignition tables and the rev limit, so you are real 260 Km / h can not reach.

In my tests, with a OEM-map is with 240 km / h, the end been reached.

For the benefit of the custom map: Yes, the engine has a much better power delivery.

BR, Tom

Yes, I want to up the top speed and I see I can set that without using the custom map. I was wondering if I use the custom map with the fully open secondaries would there be any benefit? could it cause potential engine damage? i.e, does this not release too much fuel causing a wrong air/fuel mix etc at certain ranges.

As one other member mentioned I get a poping at the moment when changing down gears too quickly (because of fuel being dumped I am assuming). The bike came with the standard 20355 map.
And as I mentioned earlier I do not want to remove the secondaries, yet (I may do it later when thinking of the Triple K&N option) but that is a long way down the line.
Hope this is a bit clearer

I was wondering if I use the custom map with the fully open secondaries would there be any benefit?

Yes. Significant.

could it cause potential engine damage? i.e, does this not release too much fuel causing a wrong air/fuel mix etc at certain ranges.
No. I had mine dyno tested with the secondaries open 100% and closed as they are in the stock map. The only difference was more power in the peak torque range. The air/fuel ratio didn't change.

I do not want to remove the secondaries, yet (I may do it later when thinking of the Triple K&N option) but that is a long way down the line.
Don't do it ever. Even if you have the secondaries 100% open in gear, the ecu still closes them when the bike is in neutral.

Don't do it ever. Even if you have the secondaries 100% open in gear, the ecu still closes them when the bike is in neutral.

I removed mine totally since I saw a bunch of others doing the same thing. So why does the ECU close them in neutral?

To everyone if you don't remove the secondaries butterflies at least remove the screws and put some Locktite on them before re installation. Mine was unbelievably loose!!! I mean they was just finger tight. Scary!!!

Thanks

Cheers dougl. Good advice.

Did you use the 20355CustomMap.hex - Rocket III Roadster Aftermarket exhaust 260 km topspeed fully open secondaries map? or did you just open the secondaries on the stock map and change the top speed, gear etc.

Tom mentions that the ignition tables/rev limit also need changed to up the top speed. I just wondered all if these presets were in the above map. As I'm new to this I've not had much time to compare the maps yet and to be perfectly honest I'm still trying to understand what is what.

Well the say ingonrance is bliss, bit I don't think that is the case this time :)

Cheers again

Back