OK, this is a great program, and I'm 63. Bear that in mind. How do I do the "compare maps" thing? I've tried and tried, can't figger it out?:confused:

OK, I found it. Just shoot me! I didn't see the "user guide" link part way down the TuneEcu page. I'll go away and hide now.:eek:

ok guy I think I spent enough time reading and researching the different power tunes system. aftermarket parts. I'm starting to do things to my rocket and just downloaded tune ECU today and started to look for the cable. I'm an old carb guy for everything so I put off doing anything to my triumph because of the ECM and not having shops around me to do Dyno test or maps changes. so i'm looking for info and maybe some help as I go. the programs and maps I downloaded from TUNE ECU plus all the talks I think I should be able to do. but any tips would be great I'm going to start with a cat bypass I found a local custom exhaust guy from motorcycle to boats. depending on that maybe muffler from him too. other wise just starting small louder sound and open the bike up some let it breathe. my first question can I save the factory map before changing anything so If I want I can put it back. well thanks guys can't wait to get started once I get the cat bypass done.

That's the first thing you want to do, is save your stock map.:) Then you can either edit that map, save under a different name, or load one of the maps from the site.:)

ok guy I think I spent enough time reading and researching the different power tunes system. aftermarket parts. I'm starting to do things to my rocket and just downloaded tune ECU today and started to look for the cable. I'm an old carb guy for everything so I put off doing anything to my triumph because of the ECM and not having shops around me to do Dyno test or maps changes. so i'm looking for info and maybe some help as I go. the programs and maps I downloaded from TUNE ECU plus all the talks I think I should be able to do. but any tips would be great I'm going to start with a cat bypass I found a local custom exhaust guy from motorcycle to boats. depending on that maybe muffler from him too. other wise just starting small louder sound and open the bike up some let it breathe. my first question can I save the factory map before changing anything so If I want I can put it back. well thanks guys can't wait to get started once I get the cat bypass done.

Definitely save your map before you change or upload a new one. There's a pretty good video (about 14 minutes) on YouTube. TuneECU (free TuneBoy) software demo on Triumph Tiger 1050 SE - YouTube

I downloaded the triumph rocket maps to my computer after downloading and installing the program. but I can't open the map on the software it says the hex is broken and can't open. the program opens and says no maps when I go to the maps I downloaded from page they aren't found? i'm running windows 7 and not sure whats up I wanted to look at other maps and make sure program working while i'm waiting for a cord. or does this program have to be hooked up to bike before it will look at any maps?

The maps on our site are packed in zip format and must be unzipped before use.

The unzipping can be done with a freeware, e.g. "7-zip",or any program that can extract zip archives.

BR, Tom

Back