hey tom thanks again the 7-zip worked for me and next week when I get paid i'll order up the cable. then start buying upgrade parts so I can start. any tips or info I might get would be great as I never done anything with maps and computers before and don't want to mess it up. I would love train in new motorcycle and computers but couldn't afford to go back to school last couple years. but I like the fact I can do this my self with out driving half the day to maybe get what I'm looking for from a shop and hope they did there job.

Hi knbaudio,

before you go with the software on your bike, I recommend that you first read extensively the pages of TuneECU_Start.

When you buy a cable, you should not skimp, best you buy the cable from one of the recommended sources on our sites.

Furthermore, the purchase of a service manual for your model is a good investment.

Many tips and tricks, you can find in this forum, here there are some experts with much experience.

BR, Tom

thanks tom I order the triumph cord you told me about I saved the factory map on computer and a copy on a thumb drive too. I got a factory bypass from junk yard rocket and I picked up used TOR and had them blacked out. i'm installing the new stuff tomorrow so I can burn them in. so i'm ready to download the new map I have map 20050 dyno final map for cat bypass and TOR mufflers. is that a good map and is there anything else that works or need to do. now how do I program the map i'm getting ready for biketoberfest in 2 weeks.

Im having trouble getting tune ecu to work , i downloaded some drivers but then what happens with them ?

Wrecka...are you using a PC or MAC? If it is a MAC...give up! Or install windows on it but then it still won't run correctly.(experience proves this to me)
Mate PC windows 8.1 , found the drivers and installed them , PC finds the cable all good , but when i plug the cable into the pc from the bike tune ecu just flashes red nd makes some comment about not finding the port , when it does work ( only twice ) shows the 3 vacum guages working, tacho isnt working on the software and none of the tests are accesable ????

Hi,

I bought the cable suggested above in the link and it does not work with the FTDI driver. After doing some digging, I am fairly certain that this cable does not have an FTDI chipset.

I can get Windows XP to install the cable using the disc that it came with but the FTDI drivers are invalid. I should have guessed since the cable was only $4.00! I don;t think I'll attempt using Tuneecu with this driver.

Back to the drawing board. It sucks because this thing took forever to get here and we have a trip planned in a few weeks. Oh well.

Hi,

I bought the cable suggested above in the link and it does not work with the FTDI driver. After doing some digging, I am fairly certain that this cable does not have an FTDI chipset.

I can get Windows XP to install the cable using the disc that it came with but the FTDI drivers are invalid. I should have guessed since the cable was only $4.00! I don;t think I'll attempt using Tuneecu with this driver.

Back to the drawing board. It sucks because this thing took forever to get here and we have a trip planned in a few weeks. Oh well.

Are you installing the drivers manually? Follow TuneEcu's instructions. Download the driver from the link on the Tuneecu site. Unplug the internet cable. Plug in the tuneecu cable. In the device manager you need to uninstall the driver in the usb section and also in the com port section or starting with the usb connection, replace the driver with the new one you just saved. The you need to repeat this in device manager in the com port section. I don't know about windows 8 but unless you install the drivers for the com port and usb connection in other windows versions, it won't work. There is a good writeup on this from Tom on the TuneECU site.

Most usb devices install automatically in the newer windows systems. This has never been the case with TuneBoy or even the dumber ODB cables for Tuneecu. The program uses a serial connection but uses a usb port to emulate it. That's why you need to install the drives in both places in the device manager.

Has anyone had problems with the newer 2.5.5 or so Tune ecu? I always update my tune ecu software as it changes on both of my computers. Neither one is advance my main home one has Vista and the net book I use for the bikes had XP. This time when I updated I was able to link up with my bike and load a map after that I have never been able to link up with the bike. I have older versions on the net book which immediately link up and load maps successfully. I suppose I should see if my Tune boy cable acts any different but I must admit I have not tried it since the tune ecu cable has always worked. Just in case it matters this is not a Rocket it is a Sprint I cannot use tune ecu on my Rocket because of the advanced High rpm mapping system I use in it. Still it should not matter.

Yeah, I followed the driver install instructions closely but when I kept getting, "there is no driver for you device", I did some more digging and discovered that this cable has the CH341 chipset. Bit of a bummer.

Are you installing the drivers manually? Follow TuneEcu's instructions. Download the driver from the link on the Tuneecu site. Unplug the internet cable. Plug in the tuneecu cable. In the device manager you need to uninstall the driver in the usb section and also in the com port section or starting with the usb connection, replace the driver with the new one you just saved. The you need to repeat this in device manager in the com port section. I don't know about windows 8 but unless you install the drivers for the com port and usb connection in other windows versions, it won't work. There is a good writeup on this from Tom on the TuneECU site.

Most usb devices install automatically in the newer windows systems. This has never been the case with TuneBoy or even the dumber ODB cables for Tuneecu. The program uses a serial connection but uses a usb port to emulate it. That's why you need to install the drives in both places in the device manager.

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-8_9-9-2.png
    upload_2014-8-8_9-9-2.png
    410 bytes · Views: 3
Back