I just spent 3 hours reading up on tune ecu and now I am more confused than before.

Thanks in advance as I am not verry computer savy.
It's for that very reason I recommend the PCIII and GiPro for most owners. If you have the experience, knowledge and access to equipment, going into the ECU and altering software is the way to go. Going with the PCIII, secondaries, GiPro and professional dyno tuning is easy and mostly plug-n-play requiring minimal mechanical ability. K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid.

There is two reasons to have a PC3 and tune boy or the free ware and that is not many tuners out there for tune boy and a lot out there for the PC3. The only other reason is if your increasing horse power and your fueling demand is beyond the Pulse width ratio setting on the injectors then the PC3 which is a signal interceptor/modifier will over ride the ECU settings and give you more fuel. you would only need this when you are going above the 200 hp mark and have the stock injectors in. they are good for 240 hp but not without the PC3 unit.

access

I don't know if it's me or my computer but I can't seem to get into the tuneecu website. I keep getting a request for a user name and password. I know I was on the site before but something has changed. HELP. Looking for the descriptions for the maps so I know which ones to download to try.

Stock/Performance ECU Maps

Recently bought a roadster with the accessory silencers (also have stock), how can I tell if the correct maps/engine tune have been loaded or where can I find the original stock maps and the map Triumph uses when adding the accessory silencers .

Just ordered cable etc.

Cheers

Recently bought a roadster with the accessory silencers (also have stock), how can I tell if the correct maps/engine tune have been loaded or where can I find the original stock maps and the map Triumph uses when adding the accessory silencers .

Just ordered cable etc.

Cheers

Here is the list of latest tune files, not sure if Triumph uses any of these though.

OEM_Tune_list

Advise on COM Port Settings

Thanks for the map info guys.

Seems I have fallen into the same trap as others. Downloaded map no problem then went to upload new map which failed at about 10%. Result is bike now won't start. I tried all the advice so far. Remove fuse/leave fuse. Anti-Virus removed, full charged with charger attached (is this the same as having an external car battery attached?). Just wondering if anybody had any recommend advanced settings for the COM port that might improve communication/transfer.

Running Windows 7 x64 also tried on XP x32. No joy on either. I also bought a KKL cable from Lonelec.

Cheers

Hi,
In advance, Sorry for my bad English but I hope you understand me.

Please try it without VCP (Virtual COM Port).

Cable plugged into the computer and then:
Open the Device Manager and look under "USB" the "USB Serial Converter"
Double click on "USB Serial Converter" in the new window select "Advanced"
Now remove the check mark from the checkbox "Load VCP" and close Device Manager.
Remove the cable from the computer and plug it in again.

Connect the cable to the bike and turn on the ignition (not engine running)
Start TuneECU open and an OEM-map.

Now select in the menu of TuneECU, "ECU ------ recovery," should start the recovery process.
It is possible that this process must be performed repeatedly.

If this way does not work, then wait on the follow message from TuneECU:

"ECU is connected but not responding. Run the ECU Recovery ?"

When the message appears, click "OK" and wait until the process is finished.

If the process is completed successfully, you must follow the OEM-map again loaded onto the ECU.

I have also a cable from "Lonelec" it works correctly for me.

BR, Tom

Addendum:
I use the FTDI driver version 2.08.14 and TuneECU version 1.9.9

Your problem also had a user in a German forum.
This user had an error in the wiring harness his Rocket, this wiring harness has been replaced under warranty and since then everything works as it should be. In his case it has been a Rocket Roadster.

Thanks for the map info guys.

Seems I have fallen into the same trap as others. Downloaded map no problem then went to upload new map which failed at about 10%. Result is bike now won't start. I tried all the advice so far. Remove fuse/leave fuse. Anti-Virus removed, full charged with charger attached (is this the same as having an external car battery attached?). Just wondering if anybody had any recommend advanced settings for the COM port that might improve communication/transfer.
Running Windows 7 x64 also tried on XP x32. No joy on either. I also bought a KKL cable from Lonelec.Cheers

Update - Success

Thanks for all the input guys. Just managed to get back my original map. Fix was: Did not remove any fuses, did not have extra power (charger or battery etc). No problems at all.

Would just like to ask one more question. Can I up the top speed purely by changing it to 260 without having to do any other mods to bike. Was thing of using the 20355CustomMap.hex - Rocket III Roadster Aftermarket exhaust 260 km topspeed fully open secondaries from your site Tom, or do I have to remove the secondaries???

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I would like a little more top speed without the extra hassle.

Cheers again.

Back