TuneECU Android cable

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
Just curious if my lonelec cables I have for the laptop will work on an Android phone? I found references to a Bluetooth cable and a Bluetooth adapter. Do I need either a new cable or an adapter?

I found references to a Bluetooth cable and a Bluetooth adapter. Do I need either a new cable or an adapter?

No such thing as a bluetooth cable - bluetooth is a wireless technology.
Note that you CAN get a bluetooth OBD adapter that will link your phone wirelessly, but recognize that you cannot do all functions in TuneECU with the Bluetooth adapter (like loading maps) and you MUST have a hard cable for those.

I would try it with an OTG adaptor.
Yes, this is absolutely what you need and note that although the connector is the same slot/fit a USB and OTG are different animals!

Check around the house/garage - for quite some time now, Lonelec has been shipping the set of BOTH the USB and the OTG small pigtail adapter cable that plugs into the USB

Note that all OTG are not equal - you need the type specifically for your phone (for example my Galaxy 10 is different from my 8)

p.s. my advice if you plan to use Android is to get a Tablet for bigger display (once you buy it you can use on multiple devices i.e. Phone AND Tablet from your own Google Play account)

Thanks guys

p.s. my advice if you plan to use Android is to get a Tablet for bigger display (once you buy it you can use on multiple devices i.e. Phone AND Tablet from your own Google Play account)

I'm not sure what that means, I can run phone display on tablet? But I can use the tablet on my tablet lost me? Probably w0on't invest in a tablet until my laptop doesn't work anymore, then I will, I'm just thinking to have it on the phone on a road trip is well worth $10.99, as long as I don't have to invest in a new cable or anything, adapter sounds like an inexpensive thing. Both my cables are pretty old, I don't remember seeing anything like that around, but I'll google an image so I know what it would look like, lol.Thanks again.

TUNE ECU DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE CABLE - TRIUMPH KTM APRILIA BIKE TUNEECU ANDROID 5060257890026 | eBay - see the inset - plugs into the USB and then plugs into your phone or tablet

I mean to use the TuneECU program on a tablet directly - you connect it same way as phone, with either cable or bluetooth
Bluetooth OBD2 adapters are quite inexpensive less than $20 - search EBay under OBD Bluetooth adapter

The other part I meant was once you purchase it through Google Play Store, you can load it to ANY of your Android devices, if that device is on your same google account - you don't have to purchase multiple times

If just for emergencies on road trip, then phone is fine for getting codes etc - screen a bit limited for much else

I got a cheep Samsung tab E works great but I had to enable the tablet to talk back and forth. You can pick up used tablets cheep!

According to tuneecu.net, you can remap only with usb so you’d need an adapter cable. They come with the lonelec cable.

So has anybody used a fire tablet? Got some money built up on Amazon and could use a tablet for other things on my job.

Back