TuneBoy using a 'normal' cable?

jaredmt

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Roadster
Hi guys ... looking to verify whether or not TuneBoy must connect via an official TuneBoy cable. I've used TuneECU for a while & recently unlocked w/ TuneBoy (at the dealer).
Having trouble getting TuneBoy or TuneEdit to talk to the bike using the same cable I use for TuneECU.

Thanks!

JT

I think you need one of the tuneboy cables. TuneEcu is supposed to work with a Tuneboy cable but I was never able to get it to connect with it.

@ Doc Roc: Yep, version 3.9.9.8

@ Pig9r: Yeah that's the way it's looking. Too bad .. I really shouldn't blow $340 right now just so I can talk to my bike.

so wait... you have to buy a key and the cable? in my experiences the companies sell their own cable and the software is free. just one purchase required.

@ Doc Roc: Yep, version 3.9.9.8

@ Pig9r: Yeah that's the way it's looking. Too bad .. I really shouldn't blow $340 right now just so I can talk to my bike.

You can talk to your bike for free, my wife came in the bike shed one day and asked me who I was talking to when I looked at the bike she just shook her head and went back in the house.:D

Yep ... both a key AND a cable. $200 for the key; $340 for the cable.

I know there are some RIII owners around here, but I don't know them. I doubt the dealer will let me borrow their cable, though I've not asked.

Back