cbeaman22

HellsVirus
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Hey guys, I am looking for a tuneboy tune for my 15 roadster with a carpenter exhaust, triple K&N under the claw and secondaries removed. The roadster tune that came with it is giving me quite the popping.

Tuneboy or tuneecu?

No one will have the ‘15 file for Tuneboy except carpenter. You could try the Jardine file as it’ll be much closer than the stock tune, but it still won’t be right.

To expand, once a Tuneboy file is loaded into the ECU it can’t be extracted, so you need to go straight to the source for it. In my dealing with Carpenter their base Tuneboy file was 20355 tables, or very close to them, that they used PC-V to adjust.

Last edited:
Tuneboy or tuneecu?

No one will have the ‘15 file for Tuneboy except carpenter. You could try the Jardine file as it’ll be much closer than the stock tune, but it still won’t be right.

To expand, once a Tuneboy file is loaded into the ECU it can’t be extracted, so you need to go straight to the source for it. In my dealing with Carpenter their base Tuneboy file was 20355 tables, or very close to them, that they used PC-V to adjust.
Sounds like I can't switch to tuneECU once I have it tuned by tuneboy. Carpenter racing is the ones who suggested tuneboy over tuneECU which is why I went the tuneboy route

You can switch back and forth freely if you've got all the Tuneboy software on your PC. To get after your tuning needs, I don't ever recall anyone posting a full TuneECU tune with Carpenter pipes equipped unfortunately so it won't fix the problem.

Did you send your ECU off to Carpenter to get flashed when you bought the pipes?

You can switch back and forth freely if you've got all the Tuneboy software on your PC. To get after your tuning needs, I don't ever recall anyone posting a full TuneECU tune with Carpenter pipes equipped unfortunately so it won't fix the problem.

Did you send your ECU off to Carpenter to get flashed when you bought the pipes?
No I did not. I did email tuneboy and talk to carpenter to provide a tune for me for my application but have yet received anything from either of them.

So have you already bought a Tuneboy license? If not I strongly caution against it, have a read through some of the more recent Tuneboy postings, a lot of strife recently.

Anyway, whichever way you go, get something in the ECU soon, you’re running extremely lean above 4500 RPM on a stock tune with those pipes.

As said get this corrected pretty soon if not sooner, Tuneboy will not help you unless you have pain them for the key Carpenter has what I would call a master key which they probably pay mega bucks for that is why they charge $200 for a re-flash still cheaper than a new engine.

As said get this corrected pretty soon if not sooner, Tuneboy will not help you unless you have pain them for the key Carpenter has what I would call a master key which they probably pay mega bucks for that is why they charge $200 for a re-flash still cheaper than a new engine.
Actually they have to contact TuneBoy and get each key individually. The key cost them $200, and they load the tune for no profit other than what they make on the pipe.

Yes they have the key for each bike they flash. I have no clue on updates.
I do know that their flash for a stock motor with their pipe felt much stronger than what a tuner did with a PCV.

Back