Tuneboy newbie

DANNO

.060 Over
I just got my new tuneboy and was wondering if anyone has a good tune for my R3: stock pipes with cat delete and factory air filter.

Since you have stock exhaust and air filter I would try the 20050 modified tune. It will give you open secondaries and full advance for ignition. If you have backfiring on decel try the smoothdecel2 tune. I have had good luck with it.

I have loaded the modified 200050 tune and so far it works geat, I have taken off my PC111 and reconnected the O2 sensor. I do have a couple of question though. I noticed in my documents for Tuneboy they show the SEC table as setting everything to 255 meaning wide open secondaries in all gears, but after loading the modified tune the table reads 100 across the board. I am assuming that this means 100% open, but that dosn't jive with the instructions, maybe Tuneboy changed and didn't change the instructions. Also do I have to do the 12 min tune after downloading new tunes?

The 255 value was used in the earlier versions of tuneboy, Wayne changed the more recent release to 100% to avoid confusion. No need to do the 12 minute tune because you are loading an entire new tune. If you do ever need to do the 12 min tune in tuneboy diagnostics you can click force adaption and accomplish the same as the 12 min tune in a matter of seconds.

ok question on tb and pc111.
1st , what i've got.
06 with tb and now the pc111 removed.. bike has underseat kn and newr3 cat eliminator box but this week custom headers and silencers as well as uni's and possibly removing secondaries.
currently running wayne stain t/u and it does wheelies :D
local dyno won't touch tb but does pc111.
1) once the exhaust is completed and uni's on should i remove the secondaries ? advantage / disadvantage ?
2) do i have exhaust shop install the o2 sensor into custom pipes ?
3) do i re install pc111 for o2 sensor controler , run pc111 20050 and not re install o2 ?
4) if not using pc111 at all should i dyno and have them id adjustment areas needed and correct myself with tb?
5) re run pc111 in conjunction with tb and let shop dyno and correct areas with pc111 after mods?
i appreciate the help guys.... i'll post pics of the exhaust when done..hopefully by the end of this week...

I'll field one of your questions...

The O2 sensor controller is a hot rod trick and it doesn't really control anything. Its purpose in life is to fool the ecm into thinking that there is an O2 sensor in your bike's (or car's) emission system so the ecm will not throw a check engine light. The car guys want to do this because they remove the cat and that pesky "check engine light" irritates them.

So... to answer your question... if you are going to run the PC III along with the tuneboy I would leave the O2 sensor controller in there. It sounds like you want to leave the PC III out of the mix (which is probably best) so I would have an exhaust shop install a fitting for your O2 sensor so the Tuneboy has something to read.

Another one of your questions... if you are using Tuneboy simply turn off the secondary throttle plates, you don't need to physically remove them.

travelguy said:
ok question on tb and pc111.
1st , what i've got.
06 with tb and now the pc111 removed.. bike has underseat kn and newr3 cat eliminator box but this week custom headers and silencers as well as uni's and possibly removing secondaries.
currently running wayne stain t/u and it does wheelies :D
local dyno won't touch tb but does pc111.
1) once the exhaust is completed and uni's on should i remove the secondaries ? advantage / disadvantage ?
2) do i have exhaust shop install the o2 sensor into custom pipes ?
3) do i re install pc111 for o2 sensor controler , run pc111 20050 and not re install o2 ?
4) if not using pc111 at all should i dyno and have them id adjustment areas needed and correct myself with tb?
5) re run pc111 in conjunction with tb and let shop dyno and correct areas with pc111 after mods?
i appreciate the help guys.... i'll post pics of the exhaust when done..hopefully by the end of this week...

1) First of all, there's no need to remove the secondary plates if you have a Tuneboy tune which opens them all the way all the time, which the Staintune and all of Wayne's custom tunes do.

2) If you don't install the O2 sensor, without a PCIII, the ECU won't run the fuel correctly when it's in "closed loop" - which is for throttle positions less than 6%.

3) If you get custom headers and mufflers, and Uni's, the staintune tune won't be right. First, get the O3 sensor installed where it used to be in the stock system. This can't hurt and you need it unless you put the PCIII back in. With your new exhaust and Uni's, first try Wayne's 20050_3 tune, which is for TOR's, cat delete, and Uni's. If it runs well, have it dynoed to see the power and air/fuel curves. If it pops on decel, you can change the L tables.

4) If you're not happy with the 20050_3 tune, you might need more fuel. There's another tune on this site (1fasthombre) which is a custom dyno tune done with Tuneboy for a bike with Jardines and Uni's. Get this one dynoed for power/airfuel.

5) If neither of those tunes work, you may want to reinstall the PCIII and have it mapped. First you need to decide which Triumph or Tuneboy tune you want in the ECU. If you think you might take the Uni's off. you may want a base tune without Uni's in the ECU, for example, 20050_2. But your custom PCIII map will only work with the tune you loaded in there with Tuneboy before you had the PCIII mapped.

thanks for the input guys, went by fabricators today all the stuff is off and we're doing 3 into 2 with headers ala the flamed oz bike style and probably supertrapps for mufflers.
going to create a belly pan? for under the bike to fill the gap and cover the starter.
gotta tell ya these guys at illusion are hot to do all sorts of mods to the bike.. the owner is about one step away from buying an r3 himself now..the funny part about this is if you met these guys you would swear you just walked into a hell angels convention..
o2 is going back in. i do believe and hope that this exhaust will have characteristics like the jars so the already made tb tunes like 1ftshombre etc. will get me in range,,, news flash... just spoke to mickey cohen motorsports and they will dyno with a tb.... oh this is going to be sooooooooooo cool.

Back