TuneBoy drivers 3.9.9.8

Triple Trouble

The Duk of death
Orchard Beach. Ont. Canada , London England
Ride
'05 Rocket III '73 Norton Commando 65 Norton Atlas
I haven't used TuneBoy for a few years and have a newer laptop now. I used my original CD to re-install the software but the drivers aren't working. Even the drivers off the CD (says they are corrupted). I assume that they are not backwards compatible?
Bottom line is I need drivers! There is nothing on the TuneBoy site. I'll get hooked up with TuneEcu asap but in the meantime has anybody got the drivers or a link?

Perhaps the new laptop is the issue, is it a different version of Windows than the old laptop?

I've found with Windows 10 you have to do a bit of jiggery pokery to turn off digital signature verification, then it will recognise drivers (like Tuneboy's) which don't have digital signatures.

See Paul I told the youngster has the knowledge :)

I seem to recall you helping me figure it out several years ago, along with another gent who I can't recall his name, when I couldn't get the cable to work. Of course that was before Windows 10 added an extra layer of problems with the digital driver enforcement.

Think so yes, iirc they switch on again by default on next restart anyway

Once digital driver enforcement has been disabled in Windows 10, the cable drivers can be updated.

Connect cable to computer (and not bike), and open device manager.
There should be 2 items in the device list with little yellow triangle ! on them, indicating there is an issue with the driver.

1611092966446.png

tuneboy cable error 2.png

tuneboy cable error 3.png

tuneboy cable error 4.png

tuneboy cable error 5.png

tuneboy cable error 6.png

tuneboy cable error 7.png

So that's one "device" done, now for the 2nd "device";

tuneboy cable error 8.png

tuneboy cable error 9.png

tuneboy cable error 10.png

tuneboy cable error 11.png

tuneboy cable error 12.png

Now it's time to go into TuneEdit, and check that the COM port number matches with the device COM port from Device Manager;

tuneboy cable error 13.png

tuneboy cable error 14.png

Aaaaand that should be it, good to go.

I made a video of this whole thing from start to finish, including the disabling of digital driver enforcement, but never uploaded it to my YouTube channel.... I must go do that.

tuneboy cable error 10.png

tuneboy cable error 11.png

tuneboy cable error 12.png

Now it's time to go into TuneEdit, and check that the COM port number matches with the device COM port from Device Manager;

tuneboy cable error 13.png

tuneboy cable error 14.png

Aaaaand that should be it, good to go.

I made a video of this whole thing from start to finish, including the disabling of digital driver enforcement, but never uploaded it to my YouTube channel.... I must go do that.
Please do add to my viewing experience on your you tube channel im starting to learn what youre gonna say on the rest of your videos :roll:

Back