Triumph shift kit for 2.5L

That is correct!
Thank you. I find it interesting the way different manufacturers price their options and what options they combine into packages they think their target customer will pay for. I know KTM has different electronics packages like Trak Pak (SP?) that Super Duke owners seem to like.
Do any of the Japanese manufacturers do this?
@mexican and the other Challenger owners can probably provide more info, but it appears Indian just makes them available on certain models, then charge a bunch over the standard model.
I think I like the add on scenario better.

The quick shift is a great fun asset. You’ll enjoy it I’m sure. Careful on the down shift in the turns. I prefer to clutch that situation.;)

Thank you. I find it interesting the way different manufacturers price their options and what options they combine into packages they think their target customer will pay for. I know KTM has different electronics packages like Trak Pak (SP?) that Super Duke owners seem to like.
Do any of the Japanese manufacturers do this?
@mexican and the other Challenger owners can probably provide more info, but it appears Indian just makes them available on certain models, then charge a bunch over the standard model.
I think I like the add on scenario better.
The issue with quick shift is not from 2nd to 1st. I have to close my throttle to downshift with QS. The problem is 1st to 2nd. You have to have it at WOT

The quick shift is a great fun asset. You’ll enjoy it I’m sure. Careful on the down shift in the turns. I prefer to clutch that situation.;)
I bought the quick shifter when I bought the bike. Dealer got the shifting shaft for the GT and I've got the R. So I get to wait a bit longer. Have heard it's a lot of fun to use!

The issue with quick shift is not from 2nd to 1st. I have to close my throttle to downshift with QS. I assume they all work the same. The problem is 1st to 2nd. You have to have it at WOT
with the RPM at peak HP. I’ve come close to a pretty smooth shift but for normal riding, I use the clutch.

I have to admit: on the TFC I only use the clutch for starting at 0 - all the other gear changes made by the Quick Shifter are much smoother than I could have ever done it by myself...

I never checked, so I can not tell you if I can adjust anything - I normally work based on "never change a running System".

For the second sentence my knowledge of the English language seems to be not good enough - what do you want to say? The limits of the Quick Shifter are described in the manual, when this is, what you mean. At the end of the day it just works where also a manual shifting would also make sense...

Just hit the shift lever any time you want and it will go up or down which ever way you shift it. The rpm does not matter. Just hold the throttle open and shift it up or down.
I don’t know how the Triumph QS works but for BMW and others in general, you have to close the throttle to down shift. This allows the QS to know how much to blip the throttle to rev match.

Back