Triumph Rocket Insurance

I got Geico for $469 for 12 months, including driver safety course discount. Full coverage. Reno is a dangerous place for drivers.

I got Geico for $469 for 12 months, including driver safety course discount. Full coverage. Reno is a dangerous place for drivers.

Reno is a dangerous place for gamblers too...........

As far as insurance goes, the lowest price isn't always the best price. Unlike gasoline grades, Insurance companies may shoot you a low ball price but if you have a claim that low ball price may come back to haunt you. You can greatly reduce your premium by upping the deductible but be prepared to pay the deductible up front in a collision situation.

I had an interesting scenario happen a couple of years ago. I carry a pretty high deductible on the farm policy to keep the cost down. I shattered the right door on a tractor by hooking it on a limb (stupid me, I should have closed the door) anyway, the cost of the glass door, the gasket and the hardware came to just under (by a dollar) my deductible and guess what, I ate it.

Also, in some states (Michigan included), insurance carriers have a policy of claim instances and it varies by state. Here in Michigan if you have more than 3 claims (for anything) in a 3 year period, the carrier can and will cancel you and if you get canceled by an insurance carrier you'll wind up with high risk insurance and a high premium. Insurance carriers also rate your risk factor on your credit history which I don't feel is right, but it's done anyway. The lower your credit score, the higher your premium.

You can also cut your premium down while still having ancillary services like towing or gasoline delivery or flat tire repair on the highway by becoming a member in a private organization that offers those services to it's membership. I carry extra coverage as well as roadside assistance through AMA and it's appreciably cheaper than the insurance carrier offers.

Comparing

I think the interesting thing even though the policies are exactly the same and my driving record the best. that theres a diference of state farm vs gieco of over 800 dollars a year even though I had been with State farm for over 40 years. and a big CC machine the triumph is!:eek:

I see your type face has become readable. I was beginning to think you suffered from some type of sight disorder.............

It all has to do with risk factoring and the insurers ratio as it pertains to loss varibles. Just because you insure with a company don't mean they want your business in a particular segment. One company might find bikes, in general to have a high risk ratio while another company finds the opposite to be true. That's why it always pays to shop for insurance, especially when the insurance is for a speciality item like a bike, snowmobile, quad or some other speciality motor vehicle.

I have Nationwide/Allied out of DesMoines, Iowa and they beat the crap out of my major insurer for the farm. Again, my property insurance company really don't want to carry bikes and that reflects in the quoted rate. Allied was substantially lower than Progressive, Geico, State Farm and Allstate when comparing quoted rates and coverages. However, that don't mean they may be lower for someone else. It's all in the way the insurance company interprets the risk factor.

I found Geico to be the cheapest by far. I have all my cars, and boats through progressive. But progressive with 1000 dollar deductibles, was 600 more than Geico with 250 deductibles. In my mind thats another 600 a year I can spend on Rocket extras. :D

I found Geico to be the cheapest by far. I have all my cars, and boats through progressive. But progressive with 1000 dollar deductibles, was 600 more than Geico with 250 deductibles. In my mind thats another 600 a year I can spend on Rocket extras. :D

Like I said before, it's always advisable to read the fine print especially for what's covered and how it's covered. I've never been too impressed with either Progressive or Geico. I had Progressive at the outset and then priced competitive insurance companies and found out Progressive was substantially higher. Of course it all depends on your driving history and credit score.. I don't believe a credit score is germane to insurability but that's how insurance companies benchmark the risk factor and that's not going to change anytime soon I suspect. You always have to 'pay to play'. The question is, 'are you paying too much for the play you receive'?

Insurance Agents for Triumph Rockets?

Are there Insurance Agents out there that can share with us the reason for costs and breakdown those attributes that contribute to the gross variation of State Farm and Geico expense when all issues are equal?

I'm not an agent, my mother is in the insurance business, and she couldn't tell you why they charge what they do other than, that is what they charge. She encourages me to shop around becuase when they start losing policies is when they lower the rates.

I assume State Farm could careless whether or not they insure motorcycles. Geico on the other hand specializes in it and hopes to fill that nitche of the marketplace and make a buck. State Farm would rather sell you life and home owners insurance. With American Family their high risk side, American Standard are the only ones that write motorcycle policies.

Back