Triumph Bobber Has Arrived

MANGLE not modify even though I do like some of your mods but it will make a nice hot rod giant killer with a modded engine so go get one LES what are you waiting for ?

It is on order not available till Feb/March, in the meantime my Thruxton R is slowly evolving.
A bit more subtle than my rocket. :)

If you buy that bobber, and then transmogrify it with whatever ministrations, is it then a proper bobber since you put your own imagination into it?

Hard to compare favorably with a real one. I think shadetree surgeon nailed it. It is a facsimile of a real motorcycle designed to grab a bit of the post-hipster neo-yuppy market, whatever that is, but if it gives Triumph a bit of revenue to keep things rolling then I suppose it is all good.
I think a Bobber is something you build yourself; bobbing and chopping, cutting and welding in your own shed.

Hard to compare favorably with a real one. I think shadetree surgeon nailed it. It is a facsimile of a real motorcycle designed to grab a bit of the post-hipster neo-yuppy market, whatever that is, but if it gives Triumph a bit of revenue to keep things rolling then I suppose it is all good.
I think a Bobber is something you build yourself; bobbing and chopping, cutting and welding in your own shed.

Actually I like the new bobber better and no you dont have to build one yourself the new one is very cool and much better than any home made customs

OH YEAH! "Whistling Death From Above"

vought-f4u-corsair-pacific-fighter-ww2-war-art-painting-aviation-aircraft-roy-grinnell.jpg

1892-2.jpg
flown an airplane( dc-6) that had four of those engines b model also with 4 bladed prop a sound like no others!!

Actually I like the new bobber better and no you dont have to build one yourself the new one is very cool and much better than any home made customs
yeah, I suppose it is ok for what it is, if you just want to jump on and go (Vespa's achieve that end in a cool way too) I was just thinking about the reasons for why hotrods and choppers etc exist; i.e not the destination (shiny happy people drag racing in a warehouse while sipping craft beer) bypassing the journey (construction).
How could we forget this right-out-of-the-box cool hotrod for instant gratification with minimal effort:
The 50 Worst Cars of All Time - TIME

and much better than any home made customs

I couldn't disagree with that statement anymore if I wanted to. I'll take the freedom of imagination to create something and appreciate that versus some carbon copy fake creation from a manufacturer that is telling me what something should be. The first is someone creating out of their motivation and desire...sometimes it misses the mark and sometimes you get something fantastic. The latter is a manufacturer homogenizing something NOT for the purpose of creativity. It reminds of those Ferrari kit cars they were selling in the '80s. Sure, it kind of looked like a Ferrari...sure you fooled some people sometimes...but at the end of the day it's not what you are wishing it to be and you are actuality driving around in a Pontiac Ferraro. But it looks like the real thing! :rolleyes:

I like it. Power to weight might be good. The Octane and Scout in this category also.

I couldn't disagree with that statement anymore if I wanted to. I'll take the freedom of imagination to create something and appreciate that versus some carbon copy fake creation from a manufacturer that is telling me what something should be. The first is someone creating out of their motivation and desire...sometimes it misses the mark and sometimes you get something fantastic. The latter is a manufacturer homogenizing something NOT for the purpose of creativity. It reminds of those Ferrari kit cars they were selling in the '80s. Sure, it kind of looked like a Ferrari...sure you fooled some people sometimes...but at the end of the day it's not what you are wishing it to be and you are actuality driving around in a Pontiac Ferraro. But it looks like the real thing! :rolleyes:
Those custom bobbers are far from being FERRARIS and most Ive seen are a lot worse than kit cars so tha TRiUMPH is a cool bike that you can make some custom mods to suit your taste and is not going to fall apart like most of the backyard specials with no fenders or brakes etc.

Back