Transmission Problem...? Crap!

The updated one on the other end is sealed both sides and filled with grease. If yours is not I would install a newer style one.

I had WARP guide me through the removal of that output shaft to do exactly what he suggest you do his knowledge is simply amazing so follow his advice without failing.
he seats to the right of the triumph god

image.jpeg
No problems bud. I recommend pulling the screen plates up and clean the swarf out of the screens you will be amazed. I know the dealer will not do it as it makes to much sense :D
Well Hell, I pulled the back screen and look what I found... Back to being screwed!

image.jpeg

Well Hell, I pulled the back screen and look what I found... Back to being screwed!
@Super D.
that is the torsional damper bearing the cage that separates the rollers or as I say used to separate the rollers :) That has to come out anyway to install the output shaft nut and washers it also is the bearing I told you to change anyway even if it was not bad yet. Don't freak out Also some of the crap in the screen is left over from machining the block It looks like your not as bad as I have seen. I know how can I tell. It easy I have seen a lot more shrapnel in other bike sumps that are running down the road :)

Hopefully the reason why you do not have more metal is the bearings are still in the races like Patrick's below

rear out put cage 2.JPG

Last edited:
Hello All,
It has been a while since I have posted. I took it to the dealer, and they dropped the engine. They split the bottom, and it was worse than we had hoped. Bearings, a couple of gears, drive shaft, rear hub/final drive (I got a used shaft and hub on EBay), the list goes on. So while they have it apart, I am having them do the update kit as well. Total - about $5100. So needless to say this is going to probably be my last bike. I am going to have to ride the **** out of it, to try and recoup some of the investment. I hope to have it back by the end of the month, and I am going to take a trip to Death Valley with a buddy. If it breaks down out there, at least it will be fitting... I will make sure to take my Glock and put it out of it's misery.

Yeah. That is the glass 1/2 full answer. I love the bike, so that is life.

Back